Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody any experience with Marzocchi AM SL
  • philsimm
    Free Member

The OEM ones…right hand leg is coil and air, left leg is air only.

I have a couple of issues, the first one is how come the length of the fork increases with the amount of air that i put in both chambers? i.e I have measured the stantion at 115mm with no air in but rapidly increases to 130mm with 2-3 bars of air in. Is this normal?

Second issue is for the life of me i can't reach full travel on the forks – have just changed the oil and was really careful about how much oil i put in both legs, in fact before I changed the oil i couldn't get full travel either – should the fork compress all the way to the crown bumper thingy?

Any help appreciated

philsimm
    Free Member

anyone?

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Is there an air negative spring – probably on the left fork leg? If the neg air is charged and you release the positive air chambers, that would explain the reduced fork length.

The marzocchi website is quite good in that it holds a lot of detail on previous model years – that should tell you how much travel you should expect.

bruneep

Have you set them up right?

http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/sl%20set%20up%20guide.pdf

The the original settings provided were way off.

philsimm
    Free Member

No – the left leg is actually positive air. The right leg (coil leg) has air preload to adjust sag etc. With no air at all in this chamber the sag is spot on however I'm only getting 110-115mm ish of travel.

philsimm
    Free Member

bruneep – Member
    Have you set them up right?

http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/sl%20set%20up%20guide.pdf

The the original settings provided were way off.

Thanks Bruneep but this is the manual for the All Mountain SL forks which are dual air. The ones I have are coil one side, air in the other
    Like This

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody any experience with Marzocchi AM SL’ is closed to new replies.