• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anybody a regular crossfitter?
  • leebaxter
    Free Member

Has anybody done crossfit for a bit of winter training, and noticed any benefits on the bike?

wallop

I’ve been doing it for about 3 months, and I’ve definitely noticed that I’ve got stronger legs. Bit more explosive power, which is nice. The real tell will be in spring I think, as I tend not to ride as much over the winter.

But prepare for the crossfit haters… they’ll be along any minute 😆

footflaps

I’m a pseudo crossfitter, I train in their boxes but just do Olympic weight lifting, not their WoDs.

Like any sport, if you get a good Box with good coaches it will be good fun and get you fit.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

there would be a sticky in size 72 font, at the top of the page if there was any in

leebaxter
    Free Member

As far as I can see in my one crossfit session, there are a few to many exercises that will not make me a faster cyclist. To many sit-ups, chin ups and above the head lfts. There are way to many acronyms, and young dudes to willing to exercise with their shirts off. I wonder if any top enduro racers do a bit of crossfit?.

wrecker
    Free Member

Being fitter and stronger isn’t going to do any harm is it?
    As footflaps says, make sure you choose a gym…erm box with good instructors….erm coaches.

wallop

there are a few to many exercises that will not make me a faster cyclist.

Better does not necessarily mean faster.

footflaps

As far as I can see in my one crossfit session, there are a few to many exercises that will not make me a faster cyclist

And you really think you can properly assess a fitness regime based on a single experience?

It’s a pretty varied sport and for the avoidance of doubt, not aimed at developing elite cyclists. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety in your training, which is something you definitely don’t get with cycling.

Kuco
    hugo
    Free Member

Do it if you want a varied workout, in a social group, and possibly learn new skills.

You’ll be fitter in general terms, as long as you avoid injury. High volume Olympic lifts to failure anyone?! Should have fun too. Group training is a blast.

Bike benefits? Hard to know as it depends on everything else you’re doing. If it means lots less cycling then probably no! If you have some serious strength gaps, maybe yes. If you want maximum bike benefit specificity then other training would be more beneficial.

Sorry, not very clear. Perhaps I should have just said perhaps!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anybody a regular crossfitter?’ is closed to new replies.