Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Zürich riders in?
  • ben
    Free Member

Pretty new in town and looking for some advice for a trail tomorrow. Ideally looking for something a bit more picturesque and singletracky than the usually Üetliberg but still low enough so I’m below the snow line / didn’t wish I’d come on skis instead… Any suggestions?

Also, with Danny Mac in town for the bike festival, anyone fancy checking it out on Sunday afternoon?

ben
    Free Member

Ps: have a car but ideally something not much more than an hour away

Ta

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moved then? Due in your old manor soon, but not Zurich!

Hills above Zug always looked pretty nice for riding (Outside town, at least. Zug itself is…..erm….) Not ridden there myself, I should add. Try this – http://www.mountainbikezug.ch/

ben
    Free Member

Aye, moved. All good, though yet to find the Din Tai Fung. Not a bad shout with Züg, any stationery trips planned to CH in the future?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As it happens, I was in Zurich few weeks back! Have been mainly going to the US over the last year, though. They do love paperclips over there 🙂 Back in SIN and HK shortly. The food….you must be missing it.
    Will let you know if/when I’m back in Zurich. Might be making an acquisition over there, so could be reasonably regular. Oh, and would mean an office in Zurich as well….which would be convenient for many things!

ben
    Free Member

Don’t even mention the food. What I’d give for an hour at the Maxwell food court…

Definitely keep me posted on Zürich.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ben I used to live on Club Street, was back there fo a few weeks in Feb. You are possibly too early for Lenzerheide or the riding around there using the mountain railway from Chur. When I was in Verbier 2 weeks ago kids where riding the trails from 1650 down to the valley and where allowed on the bubble so its possible you can do a bit of that locally. Have some friends who go to Wessen might be worth a look.

Do you have SwitzerlandMobiloty app, very useful walking and mtb trail highlights (most highlighted walking trails are good for riding eg many of Verbeir enduro trails appear as walking not mtb which can be a bit fireroad orientated)

If I am in town I’ll drop you a note if you fancy a beer

darrell
    Free Member

there are loads of great downhill trails on Uetliberg. If you know the right way to get to them. After 5 years of riding them as my local loop I was not bored

ps I moved out of Zurich 8 yr ago

jambalaya
    Free Member

Danny Macaskill was in Zurich – hope you caught the show

Facebook Video

mrmoofo

Loads of stuff around the Bachtel, nr Ringwill, and also at Hoch Ybrigg.
    Further afield … Lenzerheide and the Rowthorn are worth a ride …

If you can stomach the cliquey-ness get on the English forum and check out a gut with the moniker of “Eire”

ben
    Free Member

I did catch the show, was impressive.

Thanks all for the tips, will do some more exploring. 🙂

darrell
    Free Member

follow the Sihl south out of Town on the bike/ walking paths for a while and take one of the hiking/ gravels paths up to the ridge and end up about 2km south of the Uetliberg hotel and train station. going up these paths are loads of tracks for riding and you can then loop back up before eventually heading off to Uetliberg and following the long downhill track to Triemli

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Zürich riders in?’ is closed to new replies.