Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Wye Valley locals in – routes from Fownhope?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Hi,
    We’re having a family gathering at a cottage in Fownhope for a week over Easter. Thought I’d chuck the bike in and try to grab a few hours riding.

Ideally want to ride from the door rather than drive somewhere (otherwise I’d probably just head for FoD), anyone know the area & can give me a few pointers?

Cheers in advance.

drovercycles
    Free Member

I think there’s some riding in Haugh Wood though I don’t know the specifics, sorry. Plenty if you head over our way, or down to Abergavenny, both a little closer than FoD but probably still involve a short drive. If I was heading there and wanting to ride from the doorstep I’d probably take the road bike, but loads of good MTBing within a short distance.

squealer
    Free Member

What day? I’m local and happy to show you around if I’m free. Can’t do Saturday definately.

Legoman
    Free Member

squealer, thanks for the offer but doubt it will be planned, more a case of grabbing some time when the opportunity arises.

The whole area N/NE looks promising – Haugh Wood and beyond. Whaddaya reckon?

core

There’s a lot in Haugh woods, but don’t think there’s anything sign posted, and some may be cheeky….

Best bet is find a local to guide you, just explore, or maybe try and get some gpx files, search Haugh woods on here, there have been similar threads in the past.

FoD is only about 1/2 hour from Fownhope though…..

bigblackshed

Loads in Haugh Wood and West Woods. It’s all cheeky, shhhhhhhhh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Wye Valley locals in – routes from Fownhope?’ is closed to new replies.