Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Any word on 10@Kirroughtree results?
  • fisha
    Free Member

I was going ask that too. They seemed to be well placed at times, and I'm hoping they got a few pictures of me as I'd be interested in buying them for a change. anyone know the websites for them?

I have a couple of my own pics which i'll try and get up soon. I was going to take the camera and camcorder out on a lap and stop at various sections and make a vid of the thing, but it was just too wet.

As for the mud, yeah – i still have dirty toe nails, just cant seem to shift it.

Looking back, the trail was great all told. The climbs were better than 10UTB (when i last did it ) as it didn't feel like one long grind up a fireroad and you did a decent amount of climbing on the trail sections themselves. The tricky sections were just tricky enough to make you think, but not too tricky to make them unridable an demoralising.

That long steep bit … nuff said. I cleaned it first time round, but didn't bother after that.

dickydutch

Spoke to the photographer at the end and he said they'd be on the nofuss website soon!think there'll be some good ones.

Popocatapetl

They should be posted on Flickr tomorrow. Search "mtbpix" and look for the no fuss events photostream (10 under the Ben are there at the moment). There should also be a link to them on the No Fuss home page at some stage. Great event as usual! Well done to The boys and girls from the Manx Mountain Bike club for a great result in harsh conditions yesterday. 8)

jojoA1
    Free Member

Enjoyed the course for the most part. Soloed but stopped after 4 laps as I'm still recovering from viral stuff and didn't want to knock my pan in entirely and was starting to make silly mistakes like shifting gears with the wrong hand… Kerrrrrunchy! Well done everyone who slogged it out til the end and also Big Respek to BJH/Soulrider who did 4 laps with his wrist in a cast… Yorkshire 'ard.

fisha
    Free Member

a couple of the chaps from our wee group …

and me looking tired just after lap 1:

downgrade
    Free Member

Orange have got their pics up on Facebook, I only got a few at the start: Flickr link

zigzag69
    Free Member

Went down with a few of the retrobike lads, although none of us did it retro. 3 of the guys were solo, I did it as part of a pair – We managed 3 laps each, happy with the effort given the conditions. Snapped 'Superman' above at the start, if I remember right he was pretty rapid.

My team mate after his 3rd lap.

I think I saw the bloke taking a bath with his bike in the burn on my final lap as I came over the wee bridge. Not sure what made me smile more, him or those diversion signs.

DaveFlynn2
    Free Member

Such a good weekend with the best trails I've ridden for an age. The rooty sections were very slippery, but so much fun. It's fantastic riding an event like this where the course is challenging and enjoyable. Nice work No Fuss. Same time next year. Some photos on the Orange StalkBook page:

http://www.facebook.com/orangebikes

Beagleboy

I was chatting to a chap called Jimmy (I think), on the first lap whilst we got his saddle height sorted. He'd come up from London to race at Kirroughtree and has only been riding mountain bikes for 6 months. He was riding solo and managed 2 laps before the conditions got the better of him. I never saw him without a grin on his face though, he looked like he was loving every minute. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside….or maybe that was the whisky. 😆

Another excellent No Fuss event. I too loved every minute, except for the one's when I was on my bike and thinking I was going to die if I had to climb one more metre. 😀

Beagy

footflaps

Fantastic race and course, really enjoyed it and was a bit annoyed they cut it short. We won Vets Trios – although just about everyone who enters gets on the podium for something or other 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

really enjoyed it and was a bit annoyed they cut it short

had you tried riding it at 6.30pm ? really frazer had 2 options – call it short or insist on lights – how many of you had your lights with you …. i did 😉 state of charge i dont know but with 48 hours of power im sure i coulda cobbled together an hour

rudedog
    Free Member

Lol, I was at Kirroughtree last Wednesday and found some of the off piste rooty sections – was trying to think of the best way to incorporate into the normal trail without having to loopback too much (for future visits). There was one section that was really steep – must have been mental in the rain after it had been ploughed up with a few hours of riding!

AntM
    Free Member

Results are up folks

trail_rat
    Free Member

my missus was 40th over all in solo with 6 laps in 9:21 …. woop to her

and we were 4th over all with 10 laps in 9:43

brydon
    Free Member

first 10@kirroughtree and managed to finish in the top half of the pairs (if only just!), alongside ittaika. despite concerns about fitness after a viral chest infection, i had a fantastic day and absolutely loved the course. the muddy, root infested descents were a blast – so much fun – and it took until my final lap before one of them bested me and i ended up face down in mud. 🙂 they were just so attackable and the pace kept the roots at bay! didn't see many people riding those sections hard but given i saw a few casualties through the day, it was probably a wise choice for most.

ending the lap on the final section of the red graded twister trail meant you forgot about your aches and pains for a while so it was nice to end each circuit with a smile.

many thanks to the nofuss organisers, marshalls and everyone involved. perhaps after a dreich and wet kirroughtree we can hope for a dry, sunny relentless? somehow i doubt it…

Sam

Very wet, very muddy, very fun! I don't think my kit will ever be the same though… The course was fantastic – properly challenging as a race course should be. I certainly felt no shame in having to walk a few sections.

Thanks to Fraser and the folks at no-fuss. Well worth the 9 hour drive back home.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sam – i was the chap that came over about 7/8 hrs in and asked if you guys had sent out your lady yet because we were very impressed with your laptimes and thought we were going to be beaten by a mixed trio :O

Sam

Yeah Kirsty got her laps in and certainly didn't let the side down. Steve, as always, was a machine and I felt the best I have on an XC racecourse for a long time. Absolutely ideal conditions for the Dugasts and it's a very singlespeed friendly course so that helped. We probably could have saved some time here and there (Steve flatted on the first lap and couldn't fix it) but there is always something. We were pretty happy to finish where we did really. You guys definitely did well to get 10 laps in!

Trekster

Can we all add our thanks to the guys/gals @ FE please.
    Sure Frazer & co do a great job but the FE chap Chris Ross and his team also do a fair bit to make the event happen. Talking to him and his boss during the day and they are already planning stuff to improve things, such as creating a "gazebo park" at the transition area. If you have any constructive suggestions on how to improve the event from the FE point of veiw I am sure Chris and some of his colleagues and fellow locals will be reading this and take them on board. He cannot post due to works constraints I believe.
    btw Chris can do the route under the 1hr mark in the dry 😀

radoggair
    Free Member

yeah, came 46th in solo

trail_rat
    Free Member

(Steve flatted on the first lap and couldn't fix it)

aye that was unfortunate – i was nursing my extremely soft tire down the dh`s and came across him going slow down a hill then pushing up the hill , took me a bit to figure what he had done !

our 3rd man punctured on his first lap splitting his stans olympic across a spoke hole and slicing the tire DOH – that course can do that !

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah, came 46th in solo

– slow – im dissapointed

fasthaggis

Results are up.

Solos

http://tinyurl.com/33dqvxm

Trekster

results, where to find the rest? Ta

Stu
    craigf
    Free Member

30th in solos for me with 6… interesting looking at how the lap times reflected my mental state and how long i loitered in the singular eaziup! 😕

another crazy enjoyable weekend, huh? amazing lap times from the quick guys, even more so from the soloists, 9 laps, the mind boggles. great effort.

always a brilliant venue, but i must admit to swinging from loving to hating to loving the natural sections… it felt great to get down them intact, pick a line, pick the braking points and just shoot, but when i was on the deck for a 3rd time during my 4th lap… well, the toys came out of the pram a wee bit 😆 part of me wondered at the wisdom of so much natural trail for the weather that was forecast, but i did really enjoy it ultimately…

thanks to all involved, organising, supporting and racing. more of the same next year… maybe a fraction drier??

keavo
    Free Member

i'm in awe of the top solo riders, they must be real tough characters.

Trekster

Cheers stu, strangely wasn`t there when I googled??

feenster
    Free Member

Did anyone ride solo single speed and get higher than 34th position?

Sam

My full report up here.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Any other riders do solo on a singlespeed? Saw a couple of guys on singlespeeds but don't know if they were solo.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pics are on no fuss website now. I'm rider number 35 – couple of good pics of the filth and one of me going sicker than Wade Simmons 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'm number 17, **** know what I was thinking giving the thumbs up. Not a good look, I'll use exhaustion as an excuse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

number 992 is me – like the one with the scotland top on aggression !

seems to like taking photos of me at the start – 4 or 5 of them are of me standing at the start as my tire deflates

MisterT

well here's another thumbs up for the guys and gals that organised and ran the event… bloody fantastic! best race course I've ridden in years… possibly the best. really enjoyed every lap… even the one where I kept being over taken and then overtaking some tw&t who pronounced himself as "race leader… move over" to every rider he came across… he really was an obnoxious idiot … but made me smile every time I passed him down the slimy rooty sections 😈 where he rode it like a virgin.

anyway I enjoyed every pedal revolution….

pity my bike didn't…. I stripped it down last night to find pedals (old candy 4ti) knackered, gore sealed cables solid, BB sodden and gritty, front bearings knackered… and best of all one rear pad that disintegrated 2 laps from the end and sounding awful had worn through the metal backing of the pad too and thus the rather effective rear brake on the last lap was due to a naked piston actuating on the rotor.. so I now have a nicely worn ceramic piston… oops!

worth every penny though.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

He tried that with me too. Not exactly in the spirit of the event so I made him wait. I don't mind moving over and did it a few times before being asked but I refuse to move over when there's loads of obstacles waiting for me.

fisha
    Free Member

"race leader… move over"

agreed, he did it to me a couple of times, and i couldn't help think " ****t"

If you're on here, I don't really care, many many more people managed to pass me either through me looking out for them, or them politely asking … everytime followed by a nice thank you. I couldn't give a stuff if its the lead or not … be polite.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hmmm, he must have gone past me at some stage but I can't recall him saying that. Probably because my ears were full of mud……

The vast majority of people were great, either if they were passing me or I was passing them – what you'd expect really from a no fuss event.

Kit
    Free Member

Rider 138 🙂

1st lap – clean

2nd lap – absolutely manky

Photos courtesy of 21Cphotos Ltd

radoggair
    Free Member

some tw&t who pronounced himself as "race leader… move over" to every rider he came across… he really was an obnoxious idiot … but made me smile every time I passed him down the slimy rooty sections where he rode it like a virgin.

Phew, that wasn't me saying that. I said 'rider coming through when you get a sec' . I was very polite, even to the guy who i asked 4 times the same thing although there was plenty of places to politely move over a touch without losing too much speed for himself

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Any word on 10@Kirroughtree results?’ is closed to new replies.