Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • any window cleaners about?
  • nonk
    Free Member

i have an owld hoose with 5 huge sash windows in the front (6 foot tall)
    each one has twelve pains in it.
    on tha back of the house we have 5 daft sliding sideways wierdness type windows that have 6 pains in each.
    two windows on one gable about 5 foot tall with two pains in each.
    one full width window above the door and weenie one in the door itself
    how much should that cost?
    the bloke that does ours has just put the price up and i aint happy.
    ta muchly.

bruneep

the bloke that does ours has just put the price up and i aint happy.

What car is in the drive?

Get another quote from another cleaner.

nonk
    Free Member

well we dont have a drive but the car outside is more often than not a t5 van.
    i see your point though.
    he gets coffe a a kit kat as well. 😐

bear-uk
    Free Member

£15.00 for cleaning as you have to clean each pain separately, as the water pole system usually damages the woodwork. And your rear windows are called Yorkshire sash windows.

nonk
    Free Member

ta very much.

pegglet
    Free Member

Does your windowcleaner have a bentley with a ladder rack? have my doubts,so pay him what he asks. its a shit job in winter believe me ,i,v being doing it for 30 years and am not rich yet… think what you earn.i expect you,v had a small rise now and again…..meany!

nonk
    Free Member

whts your qoute then?

pegglet
    Free Member

i,d say approx £20 (+tea/cake/general natter about weather/cat etc) (based in Norwich if you can afford me!…
    Do you pay your man up front,or does he have to traipse back later.?

nonk
    Free Member

he always gets cash give it to him with his brew.
    he was getting 25 quid wich i thought was ok as he does a proper job but he wants two put it up to 32 quid.
    its a shame ai like the bloke and the job he does.

costello
    Free Member

nonk,that increase is way over the top,yes it's a tough job esp in winter,this will be my 15th year, and their are a lot of overheads, insurance,diff groups of n.i etc etc but a price increase of £7.00 is taking the mick.i recently increased my prices,i sent everyone a nice letter explaining why my prices had to go up by……..£1.00!,due to the rising cost of living etc ,i had zero complaints(who would over a pound,and my prices are cheap anyway) and was looking for around £100.00 a month increase..maybe 1k a year,the other 100 customers can be increased next year,
    if your man is increasing just 50 customers by an average of £5.00,he's raking in 3k a year ,,giving the rest of us a bad name,

my quote would be around the £20.00 mark depending on how lng it took me and i would be quite verbally appreciative of the kit kat cos good manners cost nothing,i.m based in bromsgrove if your desperate!!

nonk
    Free Member

cheers fella thats what i thought
    north wales based so it might be a bit of a hike or you.
    i could understand a small increase due to current climes but to be honest
    i thought the price was on the steep side of ok anyway.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

i was going to say £30 outside. or the whole house inside and out for £40 used to clean windows for a living when at school and at collage. never had so much money. summer was great winter was hell,all though i did clean shops and all houses were cash in hand and done out of work hours,
    amazing how many women would leave there knickers and sex toys on the bed when you new your were coming round on a saturday afternoon.. oh the joys of being a vision technician

MussEd
    Free Member

I was thinking 30 quid so perhaps not too far off. Is a healthy jump but how long's it been at its current price? If he just put them up to 25 last year he's at it, if it's been that amount for few years he's back dated it! Probably been scared to ask cos you're too nice with the tea and biscuits!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Sounds like a 25 to 30 quid job,although it's difficult to be accurate without seeing the house. That's a hefty increase. I've been doing it 32 years. Winters don't usually faze me too much,but this winter is dragging.
    Are you an English man living in Wales?

postierich
    Free Member

Ask him for a receipt usually ruffles the feathers.

Just changed mine as the guy has retired and his 2 sons have taken it over but they were doing a shit job and not cleaning the sills!

Spotted a new guy with the pole system and he can do the window over the conservatory which the other guys could not get to and he charges the same price £12

Rich

nonk
    Free Member

i am young dave yes but the mrs speaks welsh so they tolerate me.

bruneep

not cleaning the sills!

The clue is in their job title window cleaner, not a sill cleaner. 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘any window cleaners about?’ is closed to new replies.