Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any Wheelbuilders out there? Help Needed..
  • MarkJones950
    Free Member

This is probably a stupid question, but i cant work it out in my head, so i am hoping some of you can help me out.

I have got a pair of Hubs, which are 32 Hole front and rear. But the rims i have got are 28 Hole. Can i still use them together, and say leave a empty whole at certain points around the hub?

Only reason i ask is because i have got the hubs, and some spare rims, so would ideally like to use those without buying any more…

What do you think?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark..

postierich
    Free Member

I,m serving my apprenticeship @ the art and I would have said No would have been the answer as its going to **** up your spoke lacing and spoke measurements,no doubt somebody will pipe up to say it can be done!

nickc

No, you can't.

Ambrose

No. You are being silly.

bommer
    Free Member

you can try it…

but you will explode and die

Hip
    Free Member

Give it a try, this fella did…

Reluctant
    Free Member

That's an amazing article on Sheldon Brown's site! Some guys are just too damn clever! 😆
    In answer to the original poster……….don't do it.

crazy-legs

It can be done (I've seen it done with 36H hubs and 32H rims) but you need to be very very clever to get it to work.
    As a general rule it's not worth the hassle.

JoeNation
    Free Member

You physically could, but it'll a major hassle and the wheel likely won't be very strong. Just buy a new rim.

MarkJones950
    Free Member

Sounds exactly like i thought.. Not going to be worth the hassle.

In that case. Does anybody know where i can get 32 hole Tubular Rims? I have got the FRM rims, which i was going to use, but they are 28 hole (as i said above.
    They dont seem to do 32 hole, so does anybody know of anything?

Cheers
    Mark..

njee20
    Free Member

Road presumably?

Mavic Reflex?

Or just go clincher…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any Wheelbuilders out there? Help Needed..’ is closed to new replies.