• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Weymouth locals, days out, trips for kids?
  • ski
    Free Member

Looks like its going to be wet this weekend for out holls down to Weymouth, no bike action this year as my estate car has just packed up!

I am going to go mad, stuck in a caravan with my two little horrors!

Any pointers for trips locally that will keep a 5 and 9 year old happy and preferably dry 😉

Thank you in advance….

I might just slip off to see Charlie down in Swanage 😉

rewski
    Free Member

swanage steam railway?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Nothe Fort in Weymouth was always a good rainy bolt hole.
    Bovington Tank Museum is surprisingly good
    MonkeyWorld
    Sea Life Centre at Weymouth also ok.

jon1973
    Free Member

Tank World is quite nearby and is a great day out, especially if the weather isn’t good. +1 for Monkey world as well.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I saw this on the local news last night, it’s only just opened so will be busy and I can’t imagine it’s cheap, but could be fun, with the spectacular views along the Jurassic coast! Combined with some pretty fishes it could be a good day.

chaos

Falmer Palmers towards Poole has a good indoor play area though might be a bit limiting for the 9 year old.

Tank Museum and Sea World are definitely worth a trip whereas I think you’ll find the Monkeys in Monkey World are even more miserable than you in the rain.

Or take them out for a windsurfing lesson – they ‘ll get wet anyway and be nice and toasty in a wetsuit! You can check out the Olympic sailing venue at the same time.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Nothe Fort in Weymouth was always a good rainy bolt hole.

Found my way there on a miserable day last year. Had a surprisingly enjoyable time.

loum
    Free Member

monkey world for the kids, and the big kids

Muke
    Free Member

You could check that the estimated 180 billion pebbles that make up Chesil Beach are still present and correct

ski
    Free Member

Muke – Member

You could check that the estimated 180 billion pebbles that make up Chesil Beach are still present and correct

Good call Muke, lol 😉

Or take them out for a windsurfing lesson

That is a great idea..

Weymouth Tower looks fun too.

Thanks for all the ideas btw….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Weymouth locals, days out, trips for kids?’ is closed to new replies.