Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any way to get UK Freeview (or something like it) in France?
  • nickf
    Free Member

Wihout installing a pay-monthly satellite system, that is?

Am moving to a new chalet soon, and would like to install English-speaking TV. I know it makes me a terrible person etc, but hey, I’m shallow.

So without getting Sky or somthing like it, is there a way of getting free-to-air British content. Happy to install a dish if needed, just don’t want an ongoing cost.

ocrider

Freesat box?

geoffj
    MSP

I use 2 methods,

1, I have a vpn (subscription about 8 euros per month) connection that allows me to access iplayer itvplayer and 4ol through my ps3.

2, I download programs from uknova and thebox.bz

To be honest, having to make the effort to actually choose a program to watch, rather just having the TV on in the evening I find there is actually very little I want to watch, and British TV isn’t the utopia many believe it is.

MrFart
    Free Member

@MSP

What VPN are you using please? I’m using http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/ but I can only connect through a PC.

MSP

I use overplay, and I have set up a second wireless network that connects through the VPN so I can easily switch any device between the my normal internet connection and the vpn.

coma2s
    Free Member

Buy a satellite reciever box, (there quite cheap) and a 60cm satellite dish, if your in the south you will be best with 80cm dish and point it to 28.2E same as what you uk sky dish points too, tune in, sit back and relax

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any way to get UK Freeview (or something like it) in France?’ is closed to new replies.