Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any Visio 'experts' in?
  • bearnecessities

My head hurts.

I’ve somehow borked the settings on page set-up/print.

I copied the drawing across into another blank doc. and that seems to have fixed it to a point, but now it’s not saving as a JPEG – instead just saving a blank sheet and a tiny bit of the drawing.

I’m sure it’s related to the earlier bastardisation of page settings.

Is there a way to reset the printer/page settings (I’m a bit lost as I’m normally ok with this type of stuff!)

(Visio 2000 btw – yes, I know, how old?)

Ta

stu_d
    Free Member

Hi

have you made sure you don’t have any element of the drawing selected. If you have any element selected it will only print that bit in the JPEG

GrahamS

There are scale settings somewhere (not sure where in Visio 2000 – maybe page setup?) these alter the real-world to pixel scaling and might also change the size of any exported pictures.

PS don’t use JPG for line drawings and text, it is awful for that, either use a vector-based format or if you must have an image then use PNG or GIF.

bearnecessities

Good shout but checked that. Also tried selecting all of the diagram just out of bloody-mindedness.

All weekend from 6am each day writing 80 DBRs and over 200 ACs, then modelling it with lovely DBR references and now bloody can’t turn it into anything that people can see tomorrow!

EDIT: Thanks Graham.

Page set up has been buggered around with from 100%, to fit on x page by x page, nothing seems to be playing ball.

I usually just whack up the pixes to 300×300 in JPEG to get it to a reaonable standard – from memory I used JPEG as that opens it in in WIndows Photo Viewer which was easist to navigate a large model.

GrahamS

Just a thought, when you “Select All/Drawing”, is the selection box pretty much tight around the edge of the drawing?

If there is a massive gap at one side then you might have a hidden element or some other weird drawing part that is causing a whole lot of empty space to be included in your export.

bearnecessities

That’s werid, I just tried to save it as a GIF and it’s just opened it in IE with that red X you get with borked things.

That’s flummoxed me… (yes, it’s close up to the edge)

*goes hunting through the drawing for something rogue*

GrahamS

Try right clicking and opening it with something else (I think MS Photo Viewer can handle gifs but who knows)

If all else fails you could always just take a screenshot. View full screen then hit ctrl-alt-printscreen then paste into your favourite paint package. Not nice but it’d get the job done.

bearnecessities

Opened in something ekse as you suggested and just came up with a bit of the text title and text that accomapnies the key.

No diagrams or text with the diagrams.

Thanks for trying, I’m gutted. Not going to give up yet but running out of ideas!

No chance of screen printing but good idea – it’s 70 inches wide.

(Oddly, the print preview has screwed up again now and it just showing a panoramic ‘strip’ of the total drawing – full width but missing the top and bottom 3rd).

GrahamS

Weird. Maybe the drawing is just too physically large to export as an image?

If you have access to another PC (or a VM) then you could always try a Trial version of a more recent Visio and see if that helps? Or try the Visio Viewer?

I’d offer to have a go but not got access to a PC at the mo.

bearnecessities

Maybe the drawing is just too physically large to export as an image?

Nail on head, well done.

Just stripped half of it out and it saved fine.

Not that exactly solves my problems though, but at least I ‘ve got a direction to head in!

Good job the office is 24 hour building 🙂

Good man, thank you.

GrahamS

Well that’s a start. Good luck!

bearnecessities

YES!

Just needed a little compacting together – Thanks again.

*packs up and heads home* 😀

GrahamS

*high fives* 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any Visio 'experts' in?’ is closed to new replies.