Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • any ventana owners? Show and tell please!
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello seem to remember ventana el ciclon getting a rave review and then truly awful one especially around the suspension bob, the X 5 was not that popular with the stw a few years ago, so what do owners think and if possible any pics would be great.
    Thanks

qwerty
    Free Member

my custom version had pivot issues EVERY time i went on trips away, seatstay pivots ovalised causing HORRENDOUS brake judder which radiated throughout the whole bike, dealer tried loctiting the bearings in and then replaced seatstay with a secondhand one 🙁 sold it and ride a hardtail now

Coasting
    Free Member

Had a El Salty for a while and really liked it.The most flex free bike ive owned but not the best peddler,also very thin tubeing so very easy to dent

puddle-rider
    Free Member

No problems with my El Salty, built it up from a second hand frame and have been using it for a few months, tend to use it mainly for Welsh Trail centres and the Peak District, no pedal bob and seems to climb as well as my Soda so can’t complain.

ton

my el capitan 29r is awesome
    a bike that fits my freakish dimensions.
    and it does not mind being spanked downhill either.
    no bob at all with 280 psi in the shock.
    i love it.

Vortexracing

On my 2nd X5. Great bike, works very well with pushed RP2/3 and Pikes. Also run it with 66sl’s and a coil shock for bigger days out. Weighs in at 29lb and is stiff as hell

hicksville
    Free Member

Ton how much psi!!!!

NZCol

john-key might be along soon to tell you about the 2 he snapped – El Ciclons i think from memory.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Ton how much psi!!!!

This might explain

dickie
    Free Member

Picture Here

I’ve had an X5 then moved onto an El Ciclon. Great bikes of high quality & great frame detailing. Each bearing point has two sealed cartridge bearings for a great solid rear end with little flex.
    Just bought one for my GF too.
    Go for the no cost standard electric superdust colour.

hicksville
    Free Member

much difference between the el ciclon and x5?

dickie
    Free Member

It was 2 years between so can’t remember, sorry.

tandemwarriors

Heres’ a full size Ventana……..

ECdM’s have the quad bearings as standard, and if it’s stiff enough for a pretty hefty tandem team like us, then can imagine the solo’s are plenty stiff.
    And we run 300psi on our RP23, but that is with 2 of us on board! It does pedal very well and climbs rocky trails brilliantly. And plenty of tyre clearance too, another ECdM team have managed to get a 2.7 on the back.

Rob

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘any ventana owners? Show and tell please!’ is closed to new replies.