Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any TV engineers out there recommend a good aerial please?
  • scotster
    Free Member

My log periodic areial doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. Freeview breaks up on more minor channels such as Dave and putting in a splitter to feed another room kills the signal pretty much entirely.

The wolfbane site recommends a log periodic http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=TW10+7lw but even with a good quality coax straight from the masthead I still have issues. Alignment of the aerial is OK. It may be Im stuck behind the mound of Richmond park.

I have some builders on the roof for a few weeks so I wanted to eliminate the aerial from the equation by getting something of a higher gain even though they are ugly! Any recommendations please? Decent quality and a good spunky gain.

If the aerial turns out not to be the issue I won't have lost much apart from the big ugly aerial. 🙂 It could be the other cables (cat 5e) I have running along side the coax but I hope not..

Is it worth buying a cheap signal meter to aid trouble shooting if the high gain one doesn't work? I threw my old oscilloscope out from my university days yaers ago and I have no idea if the simple signal meters are any good – http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=Z0NLETXTPDL5CCSTHZOCFGA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=tv+signal

Any help welcome. Rgds, Scott.

ton

mate, give me a ring in the morning.
    ask for tony 01132633500
    i sell aerials for a living.

atlaz
    Free Member

Reminds me, I need to get the aerial in my loft working properly as right now it's picking up 2 channels and even those are poor quality.

scotster
    Free Member

Glad to be of service atlaz!

midwales
    Free Member

i am also in the trade if you cant hold of ton. give me call on 0845 347 2865.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any TV engineers out there recommend a good aerial please?’ is closed to new replies.