Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • any trailgator experts
  • charliemort

I’ve got an 8 or so year old one

tried fitting it from daughters 16 inch bike to a 20 inch Hot rock and the U shaped bolts are too short and won’t fit around the head tube. Haven’t measured it but guess the 16 inch bike has a 1inch head tube, not 1 1/8

have they updated these to fit fatter headtubes? This looks like it shoulf fit?

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/53/tb01c/trail-gator-extra-receiver-kit.html

thanks

DezB
    Free Member

Mine’s only a couple of years old, so could measure the bolts when I get home later.

charliemort

DezB – yeah that would be great

thanks

charlie

DezB
    Free Member

Will do – will reply to this.
    You could try giving UK Bikestore a ring – unlike some online retailers, they do actually answer their phones!

DezB
    Free Member

Here you go Charlie. Photos showing the size and also lined up against my son’s 20″ wheel bike, which has 1 1/8th headset. Fits ok.

charliemort

cheers dez – looks like mine is the same. Suspect my bolts are just a bit bent through use on other bikes – managed to get it on last night (just)

think the issue is that the top and down tubes are pretty beefy and no gap between, so u bolts have to go above top tube and below downtube – not between = tight squeeze. Bolt holes in mounting bit could do with being wider spaced

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘any trailgator experts’ is closed to new replies.