Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any trail bike (motorcycle) riders in?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Anyone ride something like the old DR350 or similar?

Got a DR350 with a Swana 390 big bore kit and exhaust. It’s old but it’s a lot of fun, although no electric start makes it interesting at times…

Thinking about maybe doing an enduro but never looked into it before, any advice? I’m in Scotland so don’t know if there’s a big scene for this here?

I’m hoping it’s not too expensive but a lot of fun…

Any forums worth looking up?

Cheers

d-_-b

mark90
    Free Member

I was going to say get yourself along to Enduroland event at Drumclog, but just noticed it’s been cancelled. Shame. Have done their events before on the quad and it’s pretty laid back. A good introduction to enduro as the main event is a basically a ‘free practice’ session, so there is no pressure. Plus they do newbie session if you’re really not confident. Most of their events are a long way from Scotland though.

5thElefant
    Free Member

You could use it to race enduro. Best bet is to see if the local clubs run a vintage/trail bike class or see of there’s an equivalent to the trail bike enduro club locally.

If not you’ll be up against enduro bikes. A bit like entering a marathon in a bear costume and wellies. A laugh, but really very hard work.

fasthaggis

Where are you in Scotland? I used to ride with this lot
    Used to be a good crowd,they should be able to help you.
    Funny,I stopped off on a road ride to watch some folk going round an MX track on Sunday. Looked way faster than I remember,don’t know if I would have bottle for it now 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m not far from Glasgow.

I’m just looking for a bit of fun, not interested in attempting to be, or thinking I am competitive, as my knees and wallet couldn’t take it lol

The Bon-Accord club looks really well organised and run. it’s a shame they are so far away.

mattsccm
    Free Member

An option would be the rallys. Liaison stages with timed checks, a bit like a car rally. Technically easy but tend to be fast for some. Dunno what’s even half local, you have missed the Kielder one.
    Unless you want to avoid going round in circles flat out for a few hours and paying a lot to do so avoid hare and hounds. Soul destroying IMHO but other like that. Why not contact the ACU or at least look at their website?
    What you need is a mans bike though. Want to buy my CCM 604?

5thElefant
    Free Member

CCM 604? No wonder you didn’t like h&h!

Pigface
    Free Member

Bob Mullins site has a list of all events, check it out.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Even I wasn’t that daft!
    I did take it across the Monks trod when that was open though. Its heavy up to its seat in bog!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I could be interested in your CCM matt, can you send some details please?

Cheers

Bike rally’s eh? Sounds interesting…

Pigface
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any trail bike (motorcycle) riders in?’ is closed to new replies.