Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any tips for parking in the 'burgh when visiting the Fringe?
  • bobbyspangles

we will be staying in this beautiful city come the Fringe and as we have a scaredy pants rescue dog we need to drive up to our lodgings. I am looking for spaces on the excellent ‘parkatmyplace’ site, however i understand that there are a few locals who frequent this place who may be able to help?

thank you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Leave our city alone thanks 😉

So yu can’t park where you are staying is that it? Where is that?

bobbyspangles

i will leave it as i found it.

we are staying on Regents Terrace, do you know it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Parking will be difficult to find. evenings and sundays is no great issues but during the day?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Advice on parking during the festival – Yes – Don’t.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ask the people who you are getting the lodgings from

Regent terrace = posh de posh 🙂

bobbyspangles

thank you for the comments so far, however we are restricted in our mode of transport so sucking it up and coping will need to be our strategy for the week we are there.
    Hope we can sort somthing out.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Park next to the pond in holyrood park. Free and will be safe enough during the day.

bobbyspangles

Thank you SbZ, that sounds useful.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Regent road just below regent terrace is unrestricted parking normally if there is none on regent terrace but IIRC is used for coaches during the festival. Other than that the residential streets the other side of london road you might be able to find somewhere.

bear in mind that parking is under pressure most of the year before the influx of people for the festival

bobbyspangles

thank you, i really do not like the idea of bringing another car into what will be an already bulging city!
    I may try and find somewhere out of the city and ride in after depositing fiancee/dog etc at R.terr.

jamiep
    Free Member

going out of town to bruntsfield, I think after warrender park road is still free

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tj’s tip is good re Regent Terrace or whatever it’s called CBA to scroll back up.

Kunstler

As TJ says – although I’m not sure if it’s mostly permit parking that side of Easter Road. No problem this side – Abbeyhill/Meadowbank. It’s very close to Regents Terrace but you might get a bit of culture shock coming down here.

martymac

you can park long term at ferrytoll park and ride, its free,
    then get a bus into the burgh from there.
    ferrytoll is the other side of the forth road bridge, and is covered by cctv.
    the downside to this, is you might see me lol.
    (i drive a bus)

poly
    Free Member

Newcraighall and train into waverley (assuming the dog likes trains). Parking is 50p per 24 hours. [You may be able to leave it at any of the other park and rides except Ingleston FOC – although they are all bus links which might not be so dog friendly].

There’s pay and display on regent terrace, which is rarely busy during the day so you should be able to stop for a while to load/unload etc.

If you just go up to the end of the street and park in front of the building with the american flags, they’ll have your vehicle removed and kept in secure storage for you until you wish to collect it again… …but the charge for this service is quite high!

rOcKeTdOg

I parked in Alnwick and got the train in, bit extreme I know, but only an hour away (was staying in rothbury though)
    This was during last years Fringe, Edinburgh is a fantastic place but not during the festival

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just rode down regent road – all either pay at machine or residents only now

bobbyspangles

thank you for doing that Jeremy, it is appreciated.

I also thank you for the other tips

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was out and about doing errrands – not a special trip 🙂

legend
    Free Member

scaredy pants rescue dog

+ Edinburgh at festival time doesn’t sound like the best idea to me….. or is the dog staying inside?

onehundredthidiot

legend – Member
    scaredy pants rescue dog
    + Edinburgh at festival time doesn’t sound like the best idea to me….. or is the dog staying inside?

Going to be a lot of loud bangs at night up there, fireworks at the end of the tattoo. pm for parking suggestion.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for parking in the 'burgh when visiting the Fringe?’ is closed to new replies.