Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any tips for a tough tablet?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Had a Nexus 7. Really good but dropped it gently from about 1 1/2 feet in a hard case and in got a hairline crack in the screen that means the only way to use it now is with a mouse as the touch screen is unresponsive. Are all tablets that fragile or are there any that will survive a bit of a knock. Tried to search but it comes up with nothing. Surely there must be a market for something that can stand up to daily life?

Markie
    Free Member

An iPad with a LifeProof case?

I can vouch for the waterproofness of their iPhone cases – awesome things!

GEDA
    Free Member

Ok. So I suppose you mean get a better case. That might be an option.

Basil

those ones you take the night before the bottom camera.

bencooper
    Free Member

The screen is always going to be the fragile bit – I had an Otterbox case on my iPad which had a clip-on screen cover, but obviously that was no use when you were using it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mme Moonteresse made a bubble wrap and duct tape case for my iPad. It’s been in my handle bar bag across the USA, down the Pacific coast up the Cascades and across Scotland off road. A cheap and cheerful solution.

bigjim

http://www.ruggedalgiz.com/algiz-10x/

if you want to go nuts

parkesie
    Free Member

I use a ipad mini in a grifin millspec case just droped it from 5ft and it just bounced. If it was to land screen 1st on a rock it would still break the screen though.

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iCXXZlBU-OU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiCXXZlBU-OU[/video]

Treat the cause, not the symptoms…
    🙂

geoffj

I use a ipad mini in a grifin millspec case

This – bombproof
    Or at least young kids proof

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for a tough tablet?’ is closed to new replies.