Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any taxi drivers / couriers out there, tell us about insurance
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Had minibuses/kombis for years as a form of transport for family and general use stuff, occasionally help friends moving stuff, lifts etc. But I do get asked a fair bit by other people to deliver/pick up stuff for payment or basically driving them etc. If I decide to pursue this more (part-time, I still work elsewhere) I know I’ll need to change my insurance to cover private hire/reward and goods in transit. Anyone out with experience of this? Pitfalls? Trying to weigh up, well a a quick business plan, to see if it’s going to be worth the extra cost of insurance, vehicle wear and tear, personal tax etc against the rates to charge. I see there are lots of people on ‘anyvan’ offering services but I wonder how many are actually insured properly or declare what they are doing.
    Cheers

scotroutes

You will also need a taxi operators licence.

taxi25
    Free Member

If your transporting passengers for a fee you’ll need some form of private hire insurance. I use these people http://bell-insurance.co.uk/
    give them a ring, tell them what you want and they’ll sort you out a quote.

plus-one

I was a self employed courier for 12 years 7 years ago I got a job on books … Not 100% on finer detail now but as I also used my car(berlingo) for my own personal use it wasn’t quite as expensive(still expensive) though .. Not a clue on the taxi side sorry ..

Three_Fish
    Free Member

As scotroutes says, you’re going to need a Private Hire operator’s license.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any taxi drivers / couriers out there, tell us about insurance’ is closed to new replies.