Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any takers for my monthly 100
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Very steady pace from near Leighton Buzzard.
    Mostly flat with the exception of Brill and crossing the Chilterns.
    I head west south of Buckingham amd drop down over Brill to near Princes Risborough. Then crossing the Chilterns before skirting around Ivinghoe Beacon and the Dunstable Downs then back to the start.
    Easy pace I allow six hours.
    Cafe and car park at start/finish.
    Stop to take of water and food.
    And although I’ll always start out if the weather is too bad then I’ll cut it short.
    Next one late may early June (ribs allowing)

pepperami
    Free Member

i think i could probably make this though early June would suit me better than late May. not sure how i would fair on a 100 miler so glad you suggest i flattish one. aren’t the chilterns a bit lumpy?

where would the start be? is it close to MK as i might ride there if not too far.

oldgit
    Free Member

I thought if we had a small gropu start, then Stockgrove Park might be handy (Heath & Reach)
    The route skirts around some of the bigger hills but crossing the Chilterns near Princes Risborough is unavoidable.
    Though I’ll be riding steady, no average speed times to attain, no talk of cadence etc etc just plain staedy riding.
    And there’s always the chance to cut off, but once you reach the furthest point out you’ll be looking at 60’ish mile minimum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any takers for my monthly 100’ is closed to new replies.