Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any Superdy experts, sailors or boy scouts in?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

As Im a free thinking, fashionable, stand out from the crowd kind of bloke Ive bagged myself a pair of Superdry cargo shorts in the sale

They fitted fine in the shop but now Im home and they are weighed down with keys and mobile phone they are a bit loose – no bother they come with a tie cord thing for fine tuning…..

Except the bastid thing is only long enough for a simple knot and not a bow so anything tight enough to hold them up takes ages to undo with gratuitous broken nails and swearing

So clever knot people of STW – any ideas please?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

LMT
    Free Member

Belt?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Helium balloons tied to the belt loops.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

All top ideas so far but Superdy must of fitted the tie cord for a reason and Id like to use it just for simplicity really

rab5474
    Free Member

Fit one of these Amazon

thepurist

Fit a longer bit of string?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Tie cord at the front?

A good small knot that will undo easily is a challenge. Sheet bend would be fine but doesn’t undo easily

You could put figure of eights in the ends so as to tighten the waist but then not tie them together.

Strings like this are better inside the shorts

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

???????????????????????

CountZero

Use a belt! I have various pairs of shorts with tie cords, but I hardly ever use them, the knot has an un-nerving habit of not un-doing when you need it to most, so I always wear a belt, mostly Eagle Creek nylon travel belts, ‘cos they have quick open snap closed plastic buckles.
    Also I have an Animal lanyard attached to my wallet, which is looped around my belt, and I nearly always carry a small flashlight in a sheath on my belt as well.
    Bugger fumbling around with a stupid bit of string when you’re desperately trying to get yer keks down after beers and curry the night before!

acidchunks

Staple them around the waist to a tight pair of y fronts

matt_outandabout

MrSmith
    Free Member

As Im a free thinking, fashionable, stand out from the crowd kind of bloke Ive bagged myself a pair of Superdry cargo shorts in the sale

Lol. 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think someone’s missed a bit of sarcasm there.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Prusik?

And adjustable

MrSmith
    Free Member

I think someone’s missed a bit of sarcasm there.

But by going on previous sartorial posts on here I had that down as a serious boast post, I mean: mid range German car with enough BHP to ‘make progress’ , mid range generic carbon sportive bike, nespresso pod coffee machine, shorts from high st fashion brand for 30+ men who do comfortable and understand Japanese.
    Aren’t these aspirational baubles for the appeasement of your peers that the STW demographic desire?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

But by going on previous sartorial posts on here I had that down as a serious boast post, I mean: mid range German car with enough BHP to ‘make progress’ , mid range generic carbon sportive bike, nespresso pod coffee machine, shorts from high st fashion brand for 30+ men who do comfortable and understand Japanese.
    Aren’t these aspirational baubles for the appeasement of your peers that the STW demographic desire?

Malcontent 😛

user-removed
    Free Member

Mr Smith is a right VIOLENTWORD with a LOT OF HATE FOR THE WORLD AROUND HIM but, sadly, often correct 🙁

And OP, it’s either the Japanes pronounciation; SUPERDY or the Western equivalent; SuperDry.

JoeG
    Free Member

Feed your face more till they fit! 😡 What could be easier? 😉

Matt24k
    Free Member

Put them on a hot wash?

wallop

Is the OP within the Superdry target age range of 15-25?

slowoldman

A cord lock?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Plan A

Replace existing chord with something longer. Buy some string/rope/chord you like, make sure its long enough. Tie one end to the existing chord and then pull it through. Untie old chord.

Plan B

Eat loads of rubbish food and drink lots of beer. Gut will expand to hold up shorts. Job done.

headfirst
    Free Member

Bumbag for the keys and phone. Do Superdry make bumbags?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Also I have an Animal lanyard attached to my wallet, which is looped around my belt, and I nearly always carry a small flashlight in a sheath on my belt as well.

Are you serious?

tinybits
    Free Member

Sadly I believe he is.

Too many ‘survival’ books I fear. Probably to be found on bushcraft forums as well as middle aged IT bike ones

Saccades
    Free Member

Reefknot.

Lies flat, doesn’t need much length, stays tied.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any Superdy experts, sailors or boy scouts in?’ is closed to new replies.