Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any suggestions for LED candle bulbs?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got 6 energy saving bulbs (B22 fitting, warm white, frosted ,about 4-5w needed) that need replacing (not dead but take forever to warm up).
    My usual source (LEDhut) is out of stock so I’m looking for alternatives – any suggestions?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ikea do them if you have one near.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ikea – cheaper and better quality.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not going up there …. wait, I’m nearby tomorrow. Interesting.

Edit: for some unknown reason it seems they don’t do ANY with a bayonet fitting!

Jake25

They do these though, B22 to E27 bulb converter I have a few round the house and they work well

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would make them too big (no shade involved)

hammyuk
    Free Member

TBH – I can’t recall seeing a candle bulb with a bayonet fitting!
    Whole point is they are a small slim bulb – bayonet defeats that.

sharkbait
    Free Member
    Kryton57

My usual source (LEDhut)

I thought these were expensive compared to ebay – anyone / op can you comment on the quality / longevity?

dooosuk
    Free Member

They do them

Am I missing something?

Your usual source that you’ve linked to appears to be showing exactly what you want in stock.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Your usual source that you’ve linked to appears to be showing exactly what you want in stock.

Ahhh, they’ve been out of stock (and where when I started the thread) – job jobbed then 🙂

I thought these were expensive compared to ebay – anyone / op can you comment on the quality / longevity?

Kryton, I replaced >50 MR16 halogens with their 5w GU10 LEDs about 2 years ago and to date they’ve replaced the only two that went wrong without any quibbling (one flickered and the other buzzed when dimmed – both where faulty out of the box).
    You may pay a little more but the LEDs seem very good, have good colour and they will take them back if you don’t like them for any reason. Worth the extra in my books.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any suggestions for LED candle bulbs?’ is closed to new replies.