Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Any STWers in Sweden?
  • baldSpot
    Free Member

If so, where are you based? have you tried any of the resorts for downhilling?

clubber
    Free Member

KingofSweden? 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

Me. Sitting looking at the snow now.

baldSpot
    Free Member

me too. whereabouts r u?

GEDA
    Free Member

Lund, Skåne. There are a few others as well. Snow for 2 months now.

baldSpot
    Free Member

ever hit the likes of Åre or Gesunda in the Summer? Gesunda's only about 3hrs drive from me (Stockholm) and I'm wondering if it's worth a punt.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I'm based in Göteborg, been a ton of snow on the ground since Christmas.

Eldrik
    Free Member

[thread hijack]

How's the Swedish jobs market right now? Jag skulle vilja arbeta i sverige…..

[/thread hijack]

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

What do you do and where do you want to do it? But in general better than this time last year

GEDA
    Free Member

No too far north and too much money. Alps are easier to get to but I would like to go. Try happymtb forum

Eldrik
    Free Member

[continued thread hijack]

Hmm, if the job market's picking up a bit, I might have a look. I know Skåne quite well, plus Gtbg and Sthlm, but location's not key. Thanks…

GEDA
    Free Member

Det beror på vad man göra. Sony Erricson och Astra Z. är inte så bra i lund just nu.

Pigface
    Free Member

I have cycled around Safsen and it was awful, the summer trails they put in followed snow mobile routes but most of the ground was unrideable with roots and waist deep bogs everywhere. When you got up to the ski area it was fun but over in seconds.

My missus has got about 2 metres of snow in Kristinehamn 🙂

Bream
    Free Member

Been living in Skåne for the last 3½ years, based in Ängelholm, little seaside town on the south west coast.

I also help run southern Sweden's biggest bike park situated on Hallandåsen, check Vallåsen, currently enjoying it's best ever winter season with over a meter of base.

I will be hosting the 1st round of the 2010 Swedish DH Cup at Vallåsen in May, and taking part.

Not had chance yet to head up north to try Gesunda and Åre but know the riding is good, I also know David who runs Gesunda. Åre is more than 3 hours from Stockholm, a lot more, check google maps, more like 7 hours!

Job market depends on your sector, overall it's fairly quite, om du inte kan tala svenska då det är mycket svårt 😉

I absolutely love it out here and can't see us ever moving back to blighty 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Funny, I've been trying to get my company to hold our 2010 kick off at Vallåsen!

Bream
    Free Member

What company is that? Did you come to our 2009 Vallåsen DH Challenge?

If you want run anything by us then drop me a line 😉

Some great photos from our 2009 Challenge HERE

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I'll find out if we've booked anything tomorrow, currently Åre is favourite due to the improved business outlook, otherwise we'd be staying in Gbg 😉

Bream
    Free Member

Well, even I would admit that Åre would be the ideal DH location in Sweden, but most of the population are based down south, along with the Danes so Vallåsen ain't that bad when it's on your doorstep 😉

Got loads of plans for this season, some sweet new lines planned plus we're buying a proper digger for big stuff 8)

GEDA
    Free Member

Mina barn på Vallåsen förra helgen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1qQloYV98

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

very cool. stolt pappa

Eldrik
    Free Member

Det beror på vad man göra

True.

Jag kan inte prata flytande svensk(a?) men….

Lycka till med DH Cupen!

GEDA
    Free Member

Can't wait for Vallåsen to open again. I am going to be there a few weekend to practise for the Alps.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Didn't realize there's so many STW's in Sweden!
    Gesunda is looking doable as it isn't far away.
    Don't particular relish going on my own though. Is this David contactable and could
    he show me the runs?

supinerider
    Free Member

one more here.

I'm based in Göteborg. Been here 3 years.

@Eldrik the job market is still a little slow here, I wouldn't move here hoping for work… Get yourself to an SFI course if you haven't already. It'll improve your chances.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

supinerider – Member

I'm based in Göteborg. Been here 3 years

If you fancy a blast when this damn snow finally goes, just give me an email.
    Where do you normally ride?

supinerider
    Free Member

If the snow ever goes I'll mail you.

I'm usually in änggårdsbergen but occasionally delsjön.

Been trying in the snow but it's still too deep out there for any real fun.

darrell
    Free Member

Hello from the west coast of Norway (little place called Hommersåk). been snowed in since early Dec, well annoying.

Åre is great by the way. Wish there was something like it near to Stavanger. Only xc jey boys around here

GEDA
    Free Member

My biking tjis month has consisted of talong the bairns to dagis through snow drifts and practicing manuals on ice in the park.

Bream
    Free Member

Check the Gesunda Facebook page, I think there may be a contact point there.

My ride last Sat 8)

mick_r

Darrell

Any news from your side on the UK-Norway ferry situation? Pesky DFDS cancelling things and forcing everyone to go via Denmark :-(. I heard a few rumours that it might restart in 2010 but can't find anything.

We've been to both Norway and Sweden from Newcastle and ferries were stuffed every time – can't believe they suddenly became "uneconomic"……

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Any STWers in Sweden?’ is closed to new replies.