Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • Any speeding prosecution experts
  • bren2709

Been clocked doing 79mph on the A66 which I do not deny.
    My only gripe is the location they have given in the form of a 12 digit grid reference does not relate to where the Cumbria Safety Camera van was parked up.
    Where they state the location of he van was I had dropped my speed to 60mph.

Any thoughts?

ski
    Free Member

Any thoughts?

3 points and a £60 fine

scaredypants

you want pepipoo, or whatever it’s really called

rickmeister

If its a duelled section you may get a speed awareness course for marginal speeding… which is nice.

scaredypants

… and presumably the location is where they were, rather than where you were ?

yunki
    Free Member

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime

Zedsdead
    Free Member

lol

go to pepipoo

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m a speeding expert-i don’t speed. In 9 years and 160k miles i’ve never been prosecuted for speeding. Go figure….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Worth pursuing it if you are being hit with a ban or big fine.

A mate managed to get off because the policeman who got him hadn’t turned his radio off and that ‘might’ have interfered with the reading.

I heard another one where the equipment hadn’t been checked within the correct time period.

If you can discredit the policeman involved you might get off. A lawyer got a bloke off once because in court the policeman was chewing gum and claimed it was medical. He was ruled unreliable as a witness

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you can discredit the policeman involved you might get off.

Classy.

Or, you could just say, “yeah, I was speeding, got caught and I’ll pay up.”

hora
    Free Member

OP they can can ‘catch’ you from quite a distance.

Think upto a mile+

Basically as soon as you spot the van in the distance its usually too late.

bren2709

No not dual carriageway.
    The location on the NIP is incorrect, when checked it comes up in a field.
    The actual is about 750m away.

Yunki – thanks for wise words, Not!
    Tom B – well done

deluded
    Free Member

yunki & CFh +1

bren2709

I don’t deny the speeding just the location.
    Where they state the location of the offence took place my speed had been reduced due to he fact I had passed the camera van some 750m down the road.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where they state the location of the offence took place my speed had been reduced due to he fact I had passed the camera van some 750m down the road spotted the camera and thought, oh no! I’m speeding, I better slow down a bit, just in case.

FTFY.

Suck it up. Pay the fine, get on with your life.

easygirl

Pay up and move on…..slowly 🙂

bren2709

Captain – not sure what you are getting at?

Yes when I saw the van it was too late, my speed was reduced when I passed it (with a few choice mumbled words)
    But like I have posted earlier the location stated is some 750m west and in a field.

allthepies
    Free Member

But like I have posted earlier the location stated is some 750m west and in a field.

So they screwed up. Presumably you’re looking for an angle to dodge the fine ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bren, I’m not sure what you are getting at either. Are you trying to dodge the fine or not?

thegreatape
    Free Member

If it was so wrong as to mislead you as to where the alleged offence occurred, then you might be able to do something.

But since it isn’t and doesn’t, there’s isn’t any get out clause this time.

Minor clerical errors do not cause any prosecution to fail, they just get amended if/when it goes to court.

Do you have a combined NIP/FP offer?

aP
    Free Member

So you were doing 79mph in the middle of a field? If they don’t get you for speeding I think they’ll probably try and do you for the hole in the hedge you made to get into the field.

nealglover
    Free Member

Think I would just pay up and take the points, or do the course if it was offered it.
    I would be far happier with myself for doing it that way, than I would if I weasled out of it.

However …… 23 years driving, almost 3/4 Million miles, no points ever 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say EH? Pay the money you tit.

badllama
    Free Member

Got done the same place never looked at a map just paid up, **** doing a bloody course 1 x sp30 does not effect insurace

thegreatape
    Free Member

1 x sp30 does not effect insurace

That’s what I thought, until my wife got one and the insurance went up.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cheers bren. I’m no expert but don’t almost all speedos read about 10% under actual speed. So your 79mph from the police would have been showing over 85 on your speedo?

bren2709

Tom B – when looked down at speedo showed just shy of 80
    Rorschach – thanks for the insult!

Cheers for all the constructive comments and to others “keep polishing those Halos”! 😉

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I love how two faced some of the posters on here are. A while a go someone posted an almost identical thread – the difference being he joined the forum in 2008. He got nothing but support (“boo the police are robbers, the laws are ridiculous blah blah”).

Because you joined in 2011 you were destined to get the “Just don’t speed, don’t moan, MTFU script”. Which people get lambasted for doing when a member of the old guard is involved lol.

yunki
    Free Member

all right newboy.. don’t get your knickers in a twist.. 😉

sobriety
    Free Member

I’d just ask for a clarification, they’ll either amend it, and you’ll still get the fine/points/course. Or they’ll realised they’ve completely ballsed it up and drop it.

Just because they enforce the rules doesn’t absolve them from getting their facts right.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Cheers bren. I’m no expert but don’t almost all speedos read about 10% under actual speed. So your 79mph from the police would have been showing over 85 on your speedo?

Not an expert but I thought they all over estimated your speed otherwise there would be people complaining all over the country for getting done while ” not speeding ” .

nealglover
    Free Member

A while a go someone posted an almost identical thread – the difference being he joined the forum in 2008.

What a strange thing to know ?

Link please.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What a strange thing to know

Especially for someone who is probably a banned member but is now back under another monicker someone else so new…..

pyemaster
    Free Member

Most older cars’ reading will be exaggerated as the cable stretches over time. New cars produce a more accurate reading.

Owen

glupton1976
    Free Member

I reckon that you’ve a good chance of getting of with it if you want to go down that route.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

So you admit you looked down and saw 80mph on the speedo, just take what they give you; I regularly spend time at 85-90mph on the motorway but if they get me I’m busted, from the moment the needle goes over 70 you ARE their bitch, never forget it.

petrieboy

I picked up and SP50 2 years ago (15 years unblemished record previously) first year I renewed it reduced my premium by £30! Second year had no impact at all.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

And you all drive at 70 miles per hour ? or you just haven’t been caught yet 😯 “dont fall of that oh so high horse you ride upon”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I regularly spend time at 85-90mph on the motorway but if they get me I’m busted, from the moment the needle goes over 70 you ARE their bitch, never forget it.

Amen.

OP – Are you trying to dodge the fine or not?

nealglover
    Free Member

And you all drive at 70 miles per hour ?

I hardly ever drive at 70mph no.

Normally around 65mph or a bit less, and I do a lot of mileage too.

or you just haven’t been caught yet

Not been caught speeding no.

“dont fall of that oh so high horse you ride upon”

At the speed I ride it, a fall won’t be too bad 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘Any speeding prosecution experts’ is closed to new replies.