• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Any Solar Geeks on here? (able to help spec a kit for my camper?)
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve been doing some research into leisure batteries and I’m just needing a final nod of approval before continuing! So any help appreciated.

I’ve decided on 2x 135aH Banner leisure batteries wired in parallel that will be fed into by 2x 100w or 140w semi flexible panels. I’ve found some which are 22% efficient which sounds great.

I’ll be sticking / drilling these to the roof of the camper.. I’ve not read anywhere anything about mounting them higher for airflow / performance so I’d like to keep them as close to the van roof as possible.

I’ll then take the wires into a junction box on the roof and join them and run a single pair of wires down to the MPPT controller.

At this point I’m not really sure what I should spec.. I may expand to another 1 or 2 solar panels in the future but it’s not on the cards at the moment.

I’ve sent off some emails to relevant companies but it’s Easter so I’m being impatient and want to press the go button!

Edit – I’m thinking of this:
    https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/catalog/full/283-High-efficiency-350W-12V-Dual-Battery-MPPT-solar-charge-controller–regulator-for-up-to-50V-solar-input.html

And connecting the 2nd battery input to the vehicles battery to trickle charge that – does that sound sensible?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Any Solar Geeks on here? (able to help spec a kit for my camper?)’ is closed to new replies.