Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any scooter boys or girls on here ?
  • lord
    Free Member

rob2
    Free Member

Sweet. I used to have a small frame Vespa 100 with a 135kit. Brarrrrp.

Sold it to by my wife’s engagement ring. Worst mistake ever 😉

RustySpanner

Nice.

Go on then, tell us all about it!
    Can’t spot anything missing from the picture, apart from the rear runners?

Please don’t tell me you’ve just paid some old boy £50 for it, I’m not sure I can take it.

grtdkad

Used to own a small frame Vespa back in the 80 but always preferred a Lambretta.
    Still waiting for a windfall to allow me to treat myself to a GP, ideally with a TS1 225 or an RB engine in it.
    (…too many toys in the garage already).

My son, who’s now 20 has recently expressed interest in sharing it with me (or should I say, riding it once I’ve bought it)!

carlosg
    Free Member

Not for years now , had a chopped Vespa SS90 when I was 17 but always preferred the look of Lambretta’s , then got into motorbikes and left scooters in the past . Still like the look of a nice custom painted/engraved scooter though.

My little sister has a point and squirt vespa and her hubby has a Lambretta with an Arthur Francis kit on it , he’s part way through building her a custom Vespa 125 auto into and old lambretta LI150 chassis.

grtdkad

Nice !!

pondo

More a modernista, but I have a lot of love for the scooter – had a Typhoon with a 172 Malgutti barrel on it ten or twelve years ago that’s still the funnest, most economical* commuter I’ve ever had.

Bikes excepted. But the ‘Phoon was more fun, no doubt. 🙂

benw
    Free Member

Did my bike test year before last at 44 having always wanted a scooter.Bought a second hand LML 150 2 stroke for €900 as a first scooter and its been great.I have put it away for the winter now but can’t wait for spring.I had full intentions of getting and upgrading to an old lambretta but its never put a foot wrong and i havent got the time to be spannering.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve always had a hankering for a Piaggio PX125

selkirkbear
    Free Member

Got a MK1 T5 in pieces in the cellar. For the last 10 years I’ve been saying that I’ll put it back together next year.

alanf
    Free Member

My mate once put a DRZ400 in a custom space frame Lammy. That was interesting!

lord
    Free Member

This is my latest scoot , i bought it as a barn find , it had been stood for years in madrid so allthough needing work the body is as solid with no rust worm holes , i love the spanish series 2 (eibar) as it has the turning front mudguard like a vespa .the original engine was past it but my mate had a 200cc block ready to pop in so happy days , cosmeticly i wanted to keep it as is , cant see the point of taking all the character and patina that makes it what it is away , its a 1963 scoot and its battered , scratched dinged , all the stuff you cant fake so to make it look new and like many other scoots are seemed wrong.
    Ive had all the important stuff changed , cables , brakes , fork springs so it stops and rides great but keeping it cosmetically as it is. I got the side panels sign written by phil appleyard in middleton who id recommend for any stuff you have planned , ( its an old shop advert for my dads joinery shop , hes passed away so a bit of a tribute )
    I love the sound of a two stroke and ive got a small frame vespa hidden away , that will get a pk 125 block in it when i can find one , cheers for the comments .

lord
    Free Member

Vespa v90 , iam needing a pk engine if anyone has one , cheers

MSP

I had a lambretta tv175 when I was a kid (registered as a 125 oops). A friend bought a job lot of old non working lambs from Horners in Manchester for peanuts as a job lot, and I did that one up. Stripped it down with a wire brush and iron wool and sprayed it with aerosol cans in british racing green to navy blue fade, but it still looked pretty decent somehow.

They were so mechanically simple, I striped the engine and gearbox down and rebuilt it myself with a manual and no prior knowledge and somehow still got it working. I don’t think the carb and the inlet manifold were the right ones for the engine, but it just always worked. It was a shame I gave it up really but I was/am a big unit and never really suited to it.

There used to be some scooter magazines at the time that showed some fantastic paint jobs that I really inspired to. There was one fantastic one I remember with a Bob Marley custom paint job.

MSP

Awww now I am going on a nostalgia trip, we used to meet up as a scooter club in some out of the way pub in Duckinfield, at that time the scooter scene was musically a strange mix of northern soul and psychobilly.

lord
    Free Member

Selkirkbear i was thinking maybe to put a t5 or p200 in the smallframe vespa to make it go as it should

grtdkad

Now that would be interesting Lord!
    Happy memories of PX150 cruising around Crete.

godzilla
    Free Member

Very cool patina on that, much want!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any scooter boys or girls on here ?’ is closed to new replies.