Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any riding near Portsmouth
  • Whyte1
    Free Member

Will be working in Lovedean for a couple of weeks and am wondering if there is any good riding near thats east to find , or would i be better off just taking the road bike ???????

ti456neal
    Free Member

QE country park is only a few miles from there, just outside petersfield. My regular after work haunt although it gets busy with walkers at the weekend, best get in early.

stevede
    Free Member

If your happy to drive then there is some good riding within an hours drive. QE is ok, if you add in the cheeky stuff it’s ok every now and again – the clay based soil makes it pretty awful in the wet though, Kingley Vale aint too far (they are quite helpful on the kingley vale forum if you google it), Lordswood in Southampton would be your best bet imo, some great trails in the woods there, best to post on here and get a local to show you around (i would have but my time working in the area has come to an end last week after an 8 month spell up there). Gosport has a great BMX track. DH wise Rogate near Petersfield is a great little spot with numerous quality dh runs, now official and you do need to pay either £4 online or £6 on the day but it’s worth it.

RealMan
    Free Member

If you take the road bike you could meet at Wickham square on a Sunday morning 9am for a fareham wheelers club run, have a look at the website for more details. They also do other rides.

Velocity bikes in cosham do evening rides in QECP, and they know all the hidden stuff, again, check their website out, or call them up.

Fareham wheelers also do mtb night rides, 7pm on a Tuesday at wallington carpark, info on the website. Also Thursday night 7pm at Whitely, but check the club forum as I’m not sure how regularly they’re being done.

Gosport has a great BMX track

+1

Whyte1
    Free Member

I may be able to use the works van but wont be able to go too far as limited mileage and as it would be wasting ride time ( weekday evenings and weekend afternoons ) , which was part of the reason i was thinking about the road bike

superfli
    Free Member

I’m minutes away mate and will be out most wed and Sundays. Email me if you want me to show you some good trails. Plenty to keep you occupied. Where are you working in lovedean? Small place, i grew up there

metamuppet
    Free Member

There is Bere Forest out New Town/Wickham way too, I ride there a hell off a lot, nothing very interesting but you are more than welcome to join me for a ride.

Whyte1
    Free Member

i’m working on a transformer in the sub station but until monday evening i’ll not know where we’re staying , would like to join you though as i could be ridin about for hours and not find a thing .
    l
    Looks like mtb is the way to go though

yesiamtom
    Free Member

fareham wheelers rides are great and the mtbing can be a bit mad at times. Depends what your lookign for.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Mad as in extreme or fast xc wippets ? , my local riding is North Wales so can cope with the natural or trail centre decents but i’m no freeride nutter

RealMan
    Free Member

fast xc wippets

This one. Lots of rigid SS riders. Won’t find much tech round here.

superfli
    Free Member

well I’m out wed eve. Usually cycle through lovedean around 6. Riding will be fast fairly tech descents and climbs at your own speed, waits at top for all. You’ll be pleasantly surprised 🙂

Whyte1
    Free Member

that sounds like a plan Superfli , i’ll send you an email to swap phone numbers if thats ok

superfli
    Free Member

ok no probs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any riding near Portsmouth’ is closed to new replies.