Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any rides around Wirksworth
  • Amanda
    Free Member

Hi

Looked at the map-can’t see any bridleways around Wirksworth, please tell me there is some mountain biking round there as I may be moving from the Peaks over the hill and would love some riding from home.

We don’t do bridleways round these parts.

Seriously, there aren’t many, but there is certainly good riding to be had.

Black Rocks is a good descent from the trig point down to the A6, but you have to know where to go – watch out for the Ranger though. we usually start from Starkholmes and go up and over Riber taking in Brown Trousers, coming down through Bow Wood to Lea.

Crich Chase & Shining Cliff is an excellent ride around Ambergate – although sensitive around Shining Cliff, but everyone rides it.

Where I live in Darley Dale is a good starting point for Stanton, Beeley, Chatsworth, Edensor, Cavendish woods (all different rides).

A lot is FP’s, but be polite & concientious and it’s all fine.

iain1775
    Free Member

Shining Cliff – Midshires Way @ Blackbrook – Chevin – Milford – Drum Hill and work way back on minor roads to Belper

High peak trail out to Long Dale / Gratton Dale and return via Winster and Grangemill

Both involve some road work

lumberjack
    Free Member

I’ve done a bit of riding round there, theres a fair amount to play around on. I even did a trailquest MTB orienteering race around there with Dark and White.

There’s not much continuous off road riding – always been a bit more like linking up sections to piece together a ride, once you start to learn the area there’s actually lots there. I’m normally following my mate Brian who knows the area like the back of his hand though!

Amanda
    Free Member

I did the Trail Quest as well from Carsington but ended up mainly on road, blooming cold day that was. The last one from Hope was brill though. I shall have to explore the Wirksworth area a bit more, thanks for the suggestions I will look them up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any rides around Wirksworth’ is closed to new replies.