Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any recommendations for places to stay near BPW?
  • colster808
    Free Member

A group(12) of us are heading to BPW for two nights. Anyone got any recommendations for accommodation near by. A bar and a curry house/Chinese near by would be a big plus.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at the butchers arms which is just outside merthyr.

Accommodation is good, the chap that runs it is a bit quirky though…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Knock your socks off.

Staying at Winchfawr lodges this weekend. I’ll report back…

colinjones2003
    Free Member

Gethinlodge.com. Check the website and the reviews.Closest and best accommodation you can get.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve used the Travelodge in Merthyr before. Cheap, entirely serviceable, but nothing special.

Have heard good things about Gethin Lodge as well, was planning that for next trip.

sarge
    Free Member

We stayed here, I’d def recommend it: http://www.themountpleasantinn.co.uk/

_tom_
    Free Member

Travelodge or Premier Inn are the cheapest I found in the area. If you book the Premier Inn far enough in advance it can go for as low as £14 the night.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Staying at Winchfawr lodges this weekend. I’ll report back…

Here’s my report. Impressively clean and tidy accommodation with lockable bike storage and bike wash facilities, plus also clothes washing and drying facilities. A short drive to BPW (5 – 10 mins), half of which is on dual carriageway. Whether there is a rideable route I’m not sure, but as the crow flys it’s not far. The landlord is a top bloke.

Downsides? It’s a little out of town so if you want an easy stroll to pubs/restaurants it’s not ideally placed. Also, you’d probably need all 3 “holiday homes” to house 12 people unless there was going to be some serious bed-sharing and floor space sleeping.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for places to stay near BPW?’ is closed to new replies.