Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any recommendations for iphone speaker docks?
  • mudplugga
    Free Member

Need one for the working out to in the garage rather than to replace the house stereo. Any ideas?

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve got a Goal Zero Rock Out portable speaker that’d do the job. USB rechargeable internal battery and a surprisingly good sound for a small box, good for camping, races etc and about 30 quid.

CountZero

Well, I’ve just bought a Gear4 DAB radio/iPhone/iPod dock with remote control from Sainsbury’s reduced from £99.95 to £49.95, and I would say its an absolute bargain. Got it two days ago so there may well still be some about.

mudplugga
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Sounds like the kind o thing I’m after.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Roberts I Dream here. Only had it a few days but seems good so far

zap
    Free Member

Bose portable dock, pricey but superb sound quality for size, built in battery lasts quite a while as well. runs from mains power as well.

headpotdog
    Free Member

Bose Sound Dock: great sound quality & worth the price tag imho.

JBL On Stage pretty good too at about a quarter of the price.

mudpup
    Free Member

Klipsch iGroove – you need to hear one to believe it. Amazing sound quality and bass depth and a league apart from the usual sub £100 stuff.

Cougar

Bought OH a dock for Christmas. Sony thing, FM, DAB, alarm. Really well built, and sounds really good. I’ll dig up the model, hold the line please caller.

Cougar

Here we go. I didn’t pay that much for it though.

onandon
    Free Member

Yamaha pdx31 cracking unit. I replaced mine with B&O Zeppelin , it’s the only thing I could find which sounded nicer.
    I think I still have the Yamaha somewhere , must search that out.

leffeboy

Can recommend the Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i but that Yamaha looks great and Yamaha stuff usually sounds good too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go to best buy if theres one near you, they were all majorly reduced at the one in derby, ready for the close down!!

Clobber
    Free Member

+1 for yamaha

-1000 for over rated bose and just generally shit gear4

CountZero

Thanks for the positive response, clobber. I had a budget of about £50-ish for a bedside DAB and phone dock. The Gear4 fits the bill perfectly. I only want to wake up to 6Music not Chris Evans. I guess the OP wants something similar for using in the garage, so I suggested something cheap and cheerful.
    And the real big point you’ve missed is that the Yamaha is a dock. Nothing more. I required a DAB radio. The Yamaha doesn’t have a radio.iif the OP wants to listen to the radio and he’s out of wifi range, streaming radio from his phone will bite him in the ass when he gets his phone bill; a three hour radio show uses 100Mb. You get 500Mb/month data.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I said above, best buy had several of the brands mentioned above with ££’s off

mudplugga
    Free Member

The gear 4 rotator thing looks like the one for me as I can put the phone horizontally too and watch/listen to the TV if I fancy.
    Sound quality isn’t really an issue for a unit to work out to in a garage
    .My bro in law has a zeppellin unit and it is awesome but feels like overkill for my needs!

Again,thanks for the info all.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

+1 for the Klipsch iGroove, good unit for my hard earned.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve got a JBL On Stage IIIP Portable Loudspeaker Dock; utterly brilliant! Sounds the business!

downshep

Bought the missus one of these from Comet. It is the full size JBL Radial with 37w and a built in subwoofer. They are down to £99 now. Stonking sound quality for a silly price. Works perfectly with an iphone 4 (charging and muting during calls).

M6TTF
    Free Member

B&W Zeppelin – fantastic bit of kit

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for iphone speaker docks?’ is closed to new replies.