Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any recommendations for a hotel in Edinburgh?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

We’re planning a long weekend for my Mums 60th next March and would like any recommendations for nice, but not too expensive hotels within walking distance of the city centre, thanks

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Lately work have been putting me up in the Motel One on Princes Street, it’s a cracking view while you have croissants and coffee in the morning.

We used to use Parliment House Hotel hidden under Carlton Hill which can be pretty cheap. For work I find it annoying and crap but if you’re not used to Edinburgh architecture it’s interesting and you might describe it as quirky!

Interested to try the Ibis Styles in St Andrew Square at some point, seems to be slightly above the usual mundane offering.

Loads of options if you’re prepared to up the budget, sadly work isn’t!

JEngledow
    Free Member

Bump for Friday morning office dwellers!

jamiep
    Free Member

Define “not too expensive”. Edinburgh has tourists all year round and so city centre accomodation is relatively pricier than other towns. Best deside your price-range and go from there.

Try on TripAdvisor, Grassmarket Hotel or Apex (also on Grassmarket)?

edit: if there is a group, a serviced apartment might be worth considering. Family visisting frequently stay in one on the High Stret (aka Royal Mile) that is cheaper than a hotel would be

M6TTF
    Free Member

we stayed in the mal maison in Leith a few years back. was lovely

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/edinburgh/

I’ll be in there tomorrow afternoon smoking my birthday cigar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for a hotel in Edinburgh?’ is closed to new replies.