Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any recommendations for a decent pannier to carry a laptop please?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

A friend of mine has to start taking a laptop on his daily commute (pretty short at 4/5 miles).

Anthing decent out there that people have tried and liked please?

He currently uses a backpack but i guess that’ll get a bit heavy with a laptop added to it. So a pannier rack will be needed as well.

Cheers

perthmtb
    Free Member

I use a Deuter Essential Bike – here which is excellent! Attaches firmly to a rear rack in the same way a pannier does, but unclips in seconds, and off the bike could pass for a briefcase. Is divided into three sections to keep everything tidy, lots of little pockets for mobile phone, keys etc, a zipped expanding portion, and even has a waterproof cover tucked away in a little zip pocket!

Only trouble is – they seem to have been discontinued! Maybe you could still pick one up at a shop that has old stock…

druidh
    Free Member

I have an Ortlieb Office pannier which I used when I was carrying a laptop around. I think it’s 17L capacity, so you’ll get a laptop, documents and a clean shirt in there easily. It clips onto any standard pannier frame and has a QR handle and shoulder strap. Normal Ortlieb quality and waterproofing. It mounts at an angle on the rack so that you get good heel clearance.

I’m not likely to be using it again, so would be happy to part with it for some beer tokens.

MrTall
    Free Member

Druidh,

Any chance of some pics at some stage please?

Never thought to ask about 2nd hand but that could be ideal.

My emial is in my profile if you can dig out the pannier at some stage over the long weekend, thanks.

TiRed

Ortlieb Downtown QL3 with laptop insert. Mine’s white to match the logo on the Kona 😳 . The QL3 system means that the bag is flush when taken off the bike, so I use it as my briefcase full-time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for a decent pannier to carry a laptop please?’ is closed to new replies.