• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any reason to carry a shock pump while riding?
  • Tiger6791

Does anybody bother, or do you just set it up and forget about it.

Do air shocks suddenly get punctures (rapid loss of pressure) while out on a trail so to speak?

iain1775
    Free Member

of course I cary one
    You need different shock pressures for climbing and descending at trail centres
    I also carry spare tyres to swop over for the rocky or muddy sections 😆

mk1fan
    Free Member

I carry one. I've changed pressures on the odd occasion.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i tend to carry one. if a fork is leaking air then it can save your ride.
    however, i have only once needed to use it on the ride (on a friends bike) when his fork suddenly lost air.
    not a huge extra weight to carry, and as i said above can save an uncomfortable ride home.

james
    Free Member

Sometimes. Don't so much now though. With a new fork/bike/frame/shock then its worth taking so you can tweak the pressures to work out what works for you though

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I carry one as it doubles a regular pump too (spesh windpipe).

I have been known to add a bit of air now and again when I've got a long ride home on the road and want to firm things up or if sag is sapping energy from my ride due to a change in terrain eg from rocky high ground to sandy woody low ground.

stumpy01

I don't normally although do at the moment while fiddling with new bike settings.

Could have done with one in Spain last year when a mate's rear shock started losing air about halfway through the day….although I think it would have required very frequent top ups…..

thomthumb
    Free Member

i carried one for three months on a rigid bike!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes I carry one most of the time.
    Seem to lend it to a fair few people who have needed one & don't bother carrying kit they might need.

heihei

Carry one. Once managed to rescue a mate's ride by letting down the shock pressure to free up a jammed chain then repressure.

Tim
    Free Member

On a new bike – yes – makes setup easier as you can do it as you go rather than ballpark car park testing.

after that, i wouldnt/never did/never will 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any reason to carry a shock pump while riding?’ is closed to new replies.