Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any really short people (esp women)got a 15-25l biking backpack they'd recommend
  • gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

after a backpack (with waist and chest straps and pref highly airflowed/breathable back) for gf (4ft 10) so pref with a very short back.

Not to bothered about bladder (as I cary the water ..) but to take pump, tube, few tools, lock, camera, purse, couple of spare tops etc

Thanks

robdob
    Free Member

My wife is 4’11” so I know the problem well. The best bit of advice I can give is to not try and guess what will fit well, you’ll probably get it wrong. Get her to a big outdoor shop and try a few on. I’d get one as small in capacity as you can get away with or it’ll get overfilled and be way more uncomfortable than you’d expect. I recently went to one of the Go Outdoors with my wife to look at the same thing and was surprised at what she preferred,, but you are looking at £50-60 for a decent one.
    My wife uses a kids Camelbak Mule – not sure if they still make them but she loves it. I know they aren’t cheap but hunt out the kids and womens Camelbaks as they may fit the bill, as they tend to be short and narrow.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Evoc do packs of various different capacity and all in three different fit sizes. Small, med/large and then XL.
    My wife is 5ft and uses a small, it fits perfectly.

Take a look at the whole range on our site. http://Www.silverfish-Uk.com

seanodav
    Free Member

Watch the bag police dont get her 😆

My wife has a ergon bag, 5’3″ she swears by it, should I say them as she has two.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Dakine womens range are good. I use the Drafter which is pretty short but has loads of straps on the outside for fullface and pads. I’m sure they do a more basic one too.

woffle
    Free Member

As ^^ Ergon’s are great – they do specific sizes to start with and then the pivot point itself is adjustable to fit your back…

Not cheap though mines seen 2 years of daily commuting without a problem. The straps and pads are removable and washable which also helps. I can’t recommend mine highly enough.

Simwit

Osprey make their packs in different back lengths, may be worth a look

MarkyG82

Although not as short as your wife, I’m 5’6 and use a berghaus freeflow 20. Had it for 6 years give or take and cant fault it.

It has the vented bit and waist and chest straps.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Go and try the Osprey Talons. Both me and Mrs M have Talon 22’s – use mine for riding, she uses hers for walking.

The Talons have a small and large size plus they have an adjustable back length system so should be fine for your other half. It has a vented back system, is the most comfortable pack I have used, and is really well thought out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any really short people (esp women)got a 15-25l biking backpack they'd recommend’ is closed to new replies.