Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any PS3 experts about – cannot download from PS Store
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Hi All,

I log in fine, open up the PS Store, have a browse about but when I try to download something it comes up with a system message along the lines of…

You cannot download content please go into the system settings an Activate / Deactivate a System

I do as it says then another system message appears stating

“There is nothing to activate/deactivate”?

Any ideas?

Cheers

AdamW
    Free Member

You could go onto PSN via a web browser, deactivate all your machines then reactivate the one you want from the PS3?

EDIT: or deativate/activate via the PS3?

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers,

I’m being dull i know… but in laymans terms can you explain why i have to do this? what machines?

waihiboy
    Free Member

right think i know what it might be, the ps3 i have now i bought off a mate about a year ago, i had two other before that.

i guess the older ones are still activated in some way.

hmmmmmm

AdamW
    Free Member

It would appear that your PS3 is both activated and deactivated so I thought forcing it to be deactivated then activated would fix it. I could be wrong. By ‘machines’ I mean ‘a playstation system’ as you may have a PS3/PS4 and a PS vita (I have a PS4 and a PS3 so ‘machines’).

Here’s a handy link for your issue. I had thought about number 7.

unable to download

I’d make certain you know your Playstation Network password just in case it asks for it.

Here’s a link with a natty video to activate/deactivate: here

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers your a star, much appreciated!

Saccades
    Free Member

Did your mate log off his PS3 before he sold it to you?

Playstations are synced to an “owner” (vitsa/psp/ps3/ps4) so it’ll get confused if you are trying to buy games for someone else’s playstation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any PS3 experts about – cannot download from PS Store’ is closed to new replies.