Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any property planning advice available?
  • astura
    Free Member

Looking to build a bungalow in our back garden, the garden is quite large about 140ft X 40ft, we have no access issues from the road. We live in a small country village about 100 houses surrounded by countryside, ours is the last house on the road, we have 1 neighbour and the next streets gardens all back on to ours probably about 3 or 4 gardens back on to ours, nothing at the end of the garden. All the propertys that side on to our garden are elevated probably about 30ft before the base of there houses, what is the likely chance of us getting anything? I have contacted the planning office, but advised do as much research as you can, we don’t have any access issues, sewers, fuel, electric etc as the driveway would run around our existing property. Any advice greatly appreciated.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Local architect who has a town planner on board. Speak to him/her they’ll give you a rough idea then go for outline planning for what you want.
    Done it myself and was successful.

br
    Free Member

Is that a bungalow to sell or do you just need an ‘annex’?

If the latter, then you won’t need extra services etc

astura
    Free Member

It’s not to sell, it’s for us to live in, the house at the front will be used by family.

astura
    Free Member

Would my first step be get a local architect and have a consultation to see if what we can have built?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Back garden development tends to be less well favoured than building next to an existing house witht he new one on the same building line. I can’t work out how the back garden relates to the access road but if you can do the bungalow so it fronts onto a road that would be preferable (sounds as though that may not be possible though).

You need to have a look at the Local Plan to check that your garden is within the settlement boundary and also to check out any other poilicies that may be relevant. It should be available on line, with maps, on the Council’s website under Planning.

Best of luck.

hh45
    Free Member

Sounds like over development to me. the whole point of living in a village is to have more space surely? The next owners may want a decent size garden? Actually, I expect you will get away with it what with the emphasis now on saying ‘yes’ and helping resolve the largest housing crisis in 100 years but my view would be ‘No’! Sorry.

dropoff

Bear in mind that depending upon the position of the building you will need to size any access for a fire tender which needs to be able to get within 45m of the furthest point within the property. Or budget for a new watermain and sprinkler system.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any property planning advice available?’ is closed to new replies.