Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Pluralsight users on here?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

I’m thinking of signing up to this to get some certifications for the skills Have – probably some Microsoft courses and ITIL to begin with.

I’ve got access to some of the courses via Technet and have found them quite good but I’ve not really used any other online training providers, is there anyone else worth considering? CBTNuggets etc?

jonnym92

Not sure if this is any use. But, if you sign up to VS Dev Essentials (here) you get 6 months free.
    I’ve done a few courses on it and found them pretty helpful.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Thanks very much jonnym92! Signed up now with access for 6 months

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Their mobile app is, or has been, junk.

I suggested that they develop a course on writing robust apps and then get their developers to watch it.

I have found it good for a quick introduction to stuff but you really then need to go off and find a good book on it.

dissonance

The android app certainly is dodgy.
    I am not sure I would pay for it but with the dev essentials offer it is worth a try (I get it from work).
    On the freebies front. Packt give a free book of the day. As with most things Packt the quality is highly variable but sometimes ok.
    If you sign up with Oreilly you get decent discounts on ebooks as well which often are the better choice.

For more general theoretical computing edX and CourseRa offer an interesting selection.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Pluralsight users on here?’ is closed to new replies.