Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any Plumbers un the house?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

got a problem with our shower pump (salamander RSP 50)

there is clearly air getting in causing excess noise, reduced power and problems with the auto switch (also may be suffering with negative head)

In the top of the hot water tank is what i think is an ‘S’ flange supposedly to vent air upwards and encourage a reduced airflow to the shower. As far as i can see the top outlet is linked to the shower and the side outlet of the valve is linked to the general hot water/vent.

We also suffer from very low hot water flow in all the taps and i’m wondering if this is part of the problem

Are the connections on the S flange the wrong way round?

Thought I’d ask on here before calling someone out to fix it

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Not a plumber, but I also thought those fangled flanges would take the shower from the side so the bubbles bypassed the shower feed.

I installed mine with a 45 deg sloping 22mm top feed and the shower taken from the underneath, that seems to work well.

Probably wouldn’t affect the switch though. Usual problem is insufficient head. Does it start reliably when you drop the shower head down low? (Or perhaps it’s fixed..)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah, the switch is more of a negative head problem although it was more reliable before it started getting really noisy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any Plumbers un the house?’ is closed to new replies.