Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any planning consultants around?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I have a small job for you!
    We have just received notice of a planning application from our neighbour to construct a large outdoor swimming pool and ‘summer BBQ/Pizza kitchen’ which will be right next to our first floor balcony leading off our living room (as the house is upside down).
    I strongly oppose this further development as they have only just completed the construction of a very large two storey dwelling that has replaced an existing bungalow.
    I am looking for someone to help write a statement putting my/the best objections forward.
    Happy to pay.

fatmax

Where are you? I’m in Edinburgh and would recommend Jim Sorrell Associates. http://www.sorrellassociates.co.uk

csb

You’ll need a stronger case than just being annoyed at the amount of change they’re undertaking. It’ll be treated on its own merit with what’s there now as the baseline, the historic bungalow being irrelevant.

sharkbait
    Free Member

N Wales.
    I’m working on the basis that the owner has already more than doubled the footprint of the existing building and everyone in the village (inc the local planners) hate it.
    The pizza hut is built in the same style and the top of the chimney will be 12′ from our balcony and at the same height so we’re going to get smoked out depending upon the wind direction.
    Add to that the noise and light from the ‘entertainment area’ and it’s not going to be good.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Sounds delightful!

martinhutch

I would be marketing my house…anyone who is prepared to put in that kind of application is going to make your life miserable one way or another.

dannybgoode

Get in with your neighbour and hopefully get invited to all their functions so you don’t have to be on your balcony when the smoke hits.

lesgrandepotato

House like that probably has a sex pond. Get in.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Google lambe planning and design based in caernarfon,

BigJohn

Start getting friendly with your local councillor.

andyl
    Free Member

Is there a better location for the pizza oven you could suggest by talking to them?

MoreCashThanDash

Outdoor BBQ and pizza kitchen?

Do they work in IT? Drive an Audi? Have an Orange 5? Shall we run a sweepstake as to which forumite this is?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any planning consultants around?’ is closed to new replies.