• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Del.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any petrol heads out there – need a driving experience for my son
  • greenboy
    Free Member

My son is 21 soon and I’d like to buy him a driving experience, the problem is that a lot of them only give the driver 2 or 3 laps and spend most of the time talking and demonstrating.

Has anyone found a better driving experience?

I don’t mind if it’s track based or off road.

cheers

djglover
    Free Member

Palmersport in bedford (I think) Its been some years since I went. But I drove exige, 2x lambos, ferrari 550 and a porsche 911 turbo and the instructor wasn’t shy about letting me rag it.

I have done a few and they were rubbish in comparison to that one, it was an awesome day

atlaz
    Free Member

I did a really good one for my 21st where I got a morning of rally tuition and an afternoon of single seater tuition. Probably did 30-40 mins in the single seater and the best part of an hour in the rally car. Was at Silverstone I remember.

meehaja
    Free Member

I drove a ferrari testarossa round a track once. 1 lap of “guidance” in a tired old golf GTI and 3 laps in the ferrari. It wasn’t great tbh. When the biggest car youve ever driven is a fiesta, a ferrari is so different it takes 3 laps just to get the feel of it!

djglover
    Free Member

Was that at donnington meehaja? I did the same one by the sounds of it, yeah, that one was v poor compared to the palmersport one

snaps
    Free Member

Best in the UK
    I’ve done it a couple of times & its a good days driving, including a 40 ton HGV – instructor said ‘its like driving your house from the bathroom window’
    Spinning out an AMG Merc at over a ton was ‘interesting’ as well!

grtdkad

Palmer at Bedford Autodrome is ace. Not cheap but ace.

Also Chris Birkbeck in North Yorkshire.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Palmer.

greenboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys Palmer it is then as its very near to me and it looks the business!!!!!!

Sandwich

Have a search for a lotus driving experience. There’s one circuit that does this that gives about 12 laps or so of driving an elise (35 miles).

mefty
    Free Member

Palmer is very good – friends of mine who are very serious petrolheads really enjoy it and they have been to pretty much everything and some of them actually race themselves.

br
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple at Palmersport, really good (and was Driver of the Day the second time 😀 ).

I’m sure it’ll be expensive based upon the cars/time, but mine were supplier-paid-for.

Fav. car has to be the PalmerJaguar JP1.

Del

caterham slalom day. i only did a half day and was knackered after, and at the time i was commuting ~ 60 miles/day in a chimaera, so well used to open top and noise!
    great fun, highly recommend. check the caterham cars website.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any petrol heads out there – need a driving experience for my son’ is closed to new replies.