Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any permitted development experts?? (in scotland)
  • angusaitken
    Free Member

This place never stops surprising me by its breath of strange knowledge so thought i would try this one out…

I am in the process renovating my house and starting to tackle the kitchen which is in an 1970s extension, the kitchen has an external door which is essentially unnecessary. there are 3 external doors, one just across the hall from the kitchen and the previous owner kept a fridge freezer in front of the kitchens external door as its not very useful and kills space in a small room.

I have done a little googleing to try to work out how much hassle/time/money/paperwork might be involved, if it falls under permitted development or won’t require much red tape i am keen to look into bricking up the door however if its too painful i will probably just stay put.

Anyone understand the (scottish) rules able to give a little guidance as to what would be required?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Provided it’s not a listed building or in a Conservation Area that will be permitted development.

This sets out the rules.

angusaitken
    Free Member

many thanks hamish – that doc looks useful.

I will check with the local council – the house is grade c but i understand that it applies to the old part and not the 1970s extension but sounds like it could be a goer!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The listing will affect the whole building so I suspect you are likely to require listed building consent. I would not expect that to be difficult to obtain though.

angusaitken
    Free Member

awesome, thats what i wanted to hear. will get in touch with them next week and try to get things moving 🙂

squirrelking
    Free Member

As always just speaking to the council is the best start. I’m lucky in that Ayrshire seems to have an untypically helpful planning department.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any permitted development experts?? (in scotland)’ is closed to new replies.