Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Any passat mk7 owners here?
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

Do you have the rns315 sat nav, media, phone unit? They are fitted to the sport model maybe some others?

One of these

Are you able to use the voice dial feature of your phone?

I have a nexus 4 connected to mine and the voice dial option just mutes the unit, it does not initiate voice dialling.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s cos you are in Germany.

russianbob
    Free Member

I have the SE with just a normal DAB radio in it and it does the same in mine, I’m not sure whether it’s my phone that’s incompatible (4S) or whether the voice control thing is an option.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s generally a phone compatibility issue btw, there are loads with bluetooth hands free things. Although I’d thought they were better these days.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got this and have never been able to make voice dial work, even with the help of my 14 y.o. son.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I don’t believe it’s a phone issue since I’ve had a £20 motorola hands free units with more functionality on the same phone.

Scamper
    Free Member

Didn’t even know there was a voice dial option, but there again i’m such a technophobe I don’t even know what the card slot thing is for. 😳

I just scroll through my call list off the main instrument binnacle.

russianbob
    Free Member

Card slot?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Voice control isnt available on the RNS315, only on the RNS510. The voice button on the steering wheel is a mute when you have an RNS315.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

@skyliner How do know this? I can’t find any info anywhere about this?

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t believe it’s a phone issue since I’ve had a £20 motorola hands free units with more functionality on the same phone.

Bluetooth compatibility issues are random, and not related to the cost of either device. However it sounds like Skyliner has the answer.

Although, on most simple hands free kits the button activates the phone’s voice dialling feature, so all the kit has to do is act like a mic.

Skyliner
    Free Member

@scholarsgate Working for the Brand.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Fairy Nuff

Skyliner
    Free Member

If you need to know anything else mate just let me know. I guess the handover you got wasnt perfect?

molgrips
    Free Member

Skyliner are you a salesperson then or something mechanicy?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Sort of a bit of everything – I like to help when I can.

molgrips
    Free Member

I could do with a chat with a proper vw electronics expert, been done over by a dodgy mechanic replacing the ECU and now it doesn’t work properly. I think it needs dealer level recoding beyond what Ithe can doI with VCDS but my local dealer aren’t very flexible and chatty like that. I don’t want to just book it in and cough up blindly.

bigG
    Free Member

Nought to do with voice dialling (mine doesn’t work either on my Passat B7 sport) but it is to do with the fitted sat nav. How easy is it to update this? The mapping is already out of date for my area.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Molgrips send me an email offline and ill put you in touch with our master tech. BigG send me your chassis number and ill give you all the info.

russianbob
    Free Member

Anyone know if it’s possible/easy to retro fit the rns315? And if so what the cost might be?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Depends what it’s going into. I can highly recommend you try http://www.satnavsystems.com and ask for Hamid for retrofit satnavs with less than main dealer labour rates. 🙂

russianbob
    Free Member

Cheers dude. It’ll be going into a mk7 SE with the standard DAB.

mangoletse

I have that unit but not even thought about voice control, looks like I don’t have the option anyway.

One annoying bug though, is that when the unit is on DAB, it is more often than not totally silent when turning on the ignition – I have to power off/on or select Media and then back to radio. 2 years on and as yet no fix.

ask1974
    Free Member

Skyliner I’ve just ordered a CC GT which will come with the 315, do you know where I can download the manual? I’d like to read up prior to collection.

Thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

I looked into upgrading my stereo on my B6. I put in a Pioneer satnav unit for a while which was rubbish, so now I’m looking for the basic radio with DAB. There are loads about though, should be easy to pick one up.

Skyliner
    Free Member

mangoletse, email me offline and I’ll see what I can do.

ask1974, to be honest you dont really need the manual as its so easy to use. There is also a demo mode pre-installed too which will show you the main features.

Sorry – for the fear of this turning into vwhelp-trackworld.

ask1974
    Free Member

Skyliner, appreciate that it was more a case of understanding the file formats it’s compatible with etc… I understand it has an SD slot so I was thinking about using that for music playback rather than iOS. Cheers anyway.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

@ask1974

I have a 64gb usb stick plugged in to the mdi interface in the glovebox with all my music on in mp3 format.

one of these

The only problem I have is deciding which of my 4700 songs to play.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

@Skyliner – What do you think to roof bars on the passat b7 saloon? What’s the load capacity?

ask1974
    Free Member

Nice one scholarsgate, thanks.

Mr_C
    Free Member

One annoying bug though, is that when the unit is on DAB, it is more often than not totally silent when turning on the ignition – I have to power off/on or select Media and then back to radio. 2 years on and as yet no fix.

Mine does this as well, but I just change the channel up or down to a different station and this kicks it back to life.

popstar
    Free Member

One day will get this one for my passat
    http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/vw/dnx521dab/sd/

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Any passat mk7 owners here?’ is closed to new replies.