Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • any p7 owners on here
  • sam69
    Free Member

heard a lot about this bike,a do it all hardtail,anybody had one ? whats it like xc ?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Quick they aren’t being made any more….

sam69
    Free Member

why have they stopped?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

29rs and alloy bikes are selling they’re not so well

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had a 2010 one, it built up to a lovely ride , nice quality finish on the frame . I really liked it and would have another. A lot of people say they are too heavy , but the weight means next to nothing when your moving and it’s probably no more than a small tool kit in your backpack . Definitely a good hard tail . Im not so sure about steel not selling well either? Most quality hard tails are made of the stuff again now, so I wouldn’t worry about it !!!

Del

nice riding bike. found it rode very similar to my 5, so much so it felt like it had suspension sometimes.

2orangey4crows

Lovely bike. I’ve got a 2009 and absolutely love it. It does absolutely everything.

The only thing I would say is that it’s heavy so not really an XC bike. You don’t notice the weight on the flat and on the downhills, but as soon as you hit a hill then it feels a bit dead to me (that might be more to do with my fitness than the bike though!).

senorj

totally fine for xc. Lovely bike, done Dyfis’ & Kielder 100 on mine no problem.

meehaja
    Free Member

fails the car park test (pick it up, go hmm, thats heavy) but rides like a lighter bike. Mine is built up 2×9 with low front end courtesy of EA70 stem and flat bars, riding mostly woodland single track and rocky, slippy calder trails.

Its a ideal “everything bike” for me, as a 30 year old, over weight occasional rider.

Ideally I’d like it lighter, and maybe later this year it’ll gain an air fork instead of the tora’s on mine, but otherwise a top bike.

vegasdave
    Free Member

I’ve got one,love it. Can’t add much more than the above comments..I raced in a local XC today..I’m not a contender,but the bike didn’t hold me back. A confidence-inspiring bike.

youngrob

I’ve got one too. I do everything on it, last summer I did a cross race on it and took it to the Whistler Bike Park. It does everything that I can do, and more probably. If you get the chance, get one.

monkeyp

I have a 2007 model built up with X9 and some White Bros carbon rigids. Not that light, but a great bike. Use mine for winter and local rides, towing the trailer, carrying the kids etc. It is my bike for keeps – and will no doubt have many guises over its life.

spando
    Free Member

Fantastic bike, it’s so much fun. Its a jack of all master of none, having said that I got a 1st place in over 35s in an xc race last month :D.

Just get one before the become a collectors item 🙁

godzilla
    Free Member

I assume you guys have seen Bike Scene are blowin some 19″ P7’s out?

sam69
    Free Member

no ive not ,can you send me the link please

godzilla
    Free Member

no ive not ,can you send me the link please

Lazy get.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

My wife has a nickel plated P7 and I am quite jealous. Lovely bikes and good cross country.

sam69
    Free Member

GODZILLA your a gent god bless you

composite
    Free Member

I have a 2010 and its a total do it all work horse for me. Use it to commute (it has rack mounts), great for a couple of hours blast round a trail center, also great for long full days in the saddle. I’ve put skinny tires on and done road riding with my dad.

It’s a great all rounder.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘any p7 owners on here’ is closed to new replies.