Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any other "soft" carbon bars other than the Knuckleball and Cobalt 11?
  • Northwind

I have a nice set of RSP bars on my XC bike but they’re pretty stiff. Most people like that, but I have a set of Cobalt 11s on the fatbike that might as well be made of rubber, and for a long day I love it. They’d be useless on the big bike but it really takes the strain off. So I’m looking for something similar.

Soooo. I can buy another set of Cobalts but they’re quite expensive now. The knuckleballs are a little shorter than I want ideally, have too much rise, and I am an on one h8er so they’re out. Ideally I’m looking for 760mm but 740mm might be OK. Flat or low rise, something around the 9 degrees backsweep ballpark…

Idea me!

poah
    Free Member

Spank oozy vibrocore 760mm.

honourablegeorge

I read a review of the Chromag ones, they’re apparently pretty soft.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Chromag/Cutlass-20-mm-31-8-Riser-Carbon-Lenker-Modell-2017-p54450/

Edit – found the review

“Review: Chromag’s Cutlass carbon handlebar offers an agreeable bend and a soft ride”

Review: Chromag’s Cutlass carbon handlebar offers an agreeable bend and a soft ride

Northwind

Ooh nice, I only knew about the heavier vibrocore. Might need to check those out. Cheers!

lawman91

The Chromags are the dogs bollocks. I’ve always used Easton Havoc bars (the older 31.8mm) in carbon and alloy in recent years but the Chromags are next level, I don’t actually know how they manage it but they offer massively reduced feedback through your hands but don’t feel like a horrible flexy mess. Get a matching Ranger stem and you have imo the best setup money can buy. If I had one criticism of the bar/stem is that together it’s a bit weighty, some 100g or so heavier than a raceface next sl/turbine r setup but otherwise they’re both faultless and look insanely nice too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any other "soft" carbon bars other than the Knuckleball and Cobalt 11?’ is closed to new replies.