Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any other self contained lights like Exposure Maxx D and Diablo?
  • big_scot_nanny

Sick of the faff of cables and battery packs (and flaky DX quality issues), especially on commutes, so is there anything else out there (although the exposure stuff looks really good!) for proper off roading?

Looking for helmet and bar self contained units.

Cheers for any tips,

Kev

Daffy

I’m fairly certain that the “cable free design” is patent protected.

If the wording of the patent matches the trade name, it’s quite a clever patent.

Clong
    Free Member

Luminous lights do cable free version, as do full beam. Helmet mounted I guess is down to deal extreme torches etc. I’ve not used any of the those mentioned above, but can vouch for the exposure stuff, its damm fine stuff.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I just got a Diablo for helmet mounting. It’s awesome.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Lezyne do some excellent all in one lights that go right up to 1000 lumens .

garage-dweller

Hope Vision 1 but is too small for off road bar light duties without a helmet light too and too heavy for helmet. Would be good for the commute though.

TiRed

Mark One Exposure Stradas are on offer at SportPursuit at the moment. I’ve run one for nearly two years and it is a fine light for £135. Suitable for off road use too.

variflex
    Free Member

I run an exposure maxxd on the bars and its a great unit. just plug it into the mains and leave it without worry of it causing a house fire. had a joystick on the lid which would be fine for commuting but didn’t find it enough for the 2-3 nights off roads a week I do so changed it for a gloworm x1 that does have cables etc but does me on the lid as I always have A camelback

big_scot_nanny

great stuff, thanks all.

Seems, n the end, that the Exposure stuff is really what I am looking for. without starting a stampeded, the MaxxD mk5 and the diablo are on offer on wiggle right now. In fact, I shall check out my basket as we speak.

That full beam stuff is insane!

Kev

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m fairly certain that the “cable free design” is patent protected.

I’m fairly sure it’s virtually impossible to patent a design thats basically a battery operated torch of which there are a million variations in every high street!

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not bad, my only contribution on this is the AY-Up one as usual, tidy package with innovative mounting and very very light meaning that battery and light are on the lid.

d45yth
    Free Member

big_scot_nanny – I take it you’ve already ordered? If not, Wiggle are far from the cheapest place for Exposure lights…try Google shopping, I would say you’d save an extra 20-30 quid. That was without looking around much too, you might find them even cheaper.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I got my Toro from Rutland Cycles. They often have some cracking deals on Exposure stuff. Had my Toro for two trouble free yrs.

Luminous
    Free Member

For those that might want to know. A small batch of S2s will be available in around a month (I’m waiting for some parts to be delivered).
    There’s likely to be a sale price too, when they are available.
    S2s have the battery inside the light, so there is no need for an external battery pack or cable, unless you want to ‘piggy back‘ a battery for extended burn times.

For lights with cables with external batteries. There’s likely to be a summer sale reduction on 401s and there’s a few 7/601s now at half price.

big_scot_nanny

Don’t panic, nothing ordered yet. Wiggle has MaxxD 5 at 215 and diablo at 150 (i’m in CH, so VAT automatically taken off).

Can’t find anywhere else that cheap?

Luminous, I’m popping you an email, cheers for input.

Kev

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any other self contained lights like Exposure Maxx D and Diablo?’ is closed to new replies.