Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any orthopaedic experts in the house?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Broke ankle today…diagonally.will it need pinning?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You haven’t seen an ‘orthopaedic expert’ in a hospital ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Dunno, but if your lucky people will start a collection for you 😆

EDIT: Being serious though, Mrs FD is an orthopaedic surgeon, and would never give out advice on the internet.

I assume you are out, and going back in for a fracture clinic appointment tomorrow? They will advise you then

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Sunday innit….got an appt tomorrow with him…only just got a cast on as they’re were closing when I arrived.

bruk

Wait for the consultant. Without more history and diagnostics eg X-ray nobody can give you an accurate answer.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep that’s what’s happening

scaredypants

nah, sod it funkydunc – I’m going in:

Yes, that’ll definitely need pinning

(I’m not actually an orthopaedic surgeon but I’m a dab hand with a dremmel or a rubber mallet so I could be a contender, surely ?)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If it was that bad they wouldn’t have let you home…. doesnt mean it still doesn’t need doing, but it wasn’t too bad…

DrP

They may be cross typing WCAs bones agains yours, and will use you as a live donor?
    I expect.

DrP

ratherbeintobago

(I’m not actually an orthopaedic surgeon but I’m a dab hand with a dremmel or a rubber mallet so I could be a contender, surely ?)

That depends; can you name more than one kind of antibiotic?

DrP

Dremmel you say – you’re clearly an advanced candidate…. 😉
    This is more akin to the typical tools….

DrP

😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

DrP – that would be funnier if it wasnt true. Make that out of stainless steel and you’re not far off the kit i’ve seen.

dr_death
    Free Member

Need pictures….

Rockape63
    Free Member

Broken ankle……that’s nuthin! A couple of aspirin and an ice pack and you’ll be as right as rain!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

good news just a pot for 4 weeks….then physio..should be back ont bike by december 😆

scaredypants

That depends; can you name more than one kind of antibiotic?

Nope – see, I’m perfect !!

Bobby. I am available if you want a second opinion

(ratherbeintobago, I’ll do the pinning if you’ll shut him up while I’m on – there’s a tenner in it for you)

ratherbeintobago

Now, shutting people up while the orthopods spend three hours dicking about trying to get the distal locking screw in operate is something I’m quite good at, if I do say so myself.

Remember, scaredypants, to be a good orthopaedic surgeon you need to be as strong as an ox, and half as intelligent.

Andy

scaredypants

I’m more like a rhino – thick-skinned, horny and, Christ, I know how to charge

Will that do ?

ratherbeintobago

I’m more like a rhino – thick-skinned, horny and, Christ, I know how to charge

There’s a joke in there; something about a big grey animal that lives in Africa 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any orthopaedic experts in the house?’ is closed to new replies.