Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Any Orbea dealers in?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone got a large Rallon frame in yellow in stock?

honourablegeorge

Didn’t you buy a Reign the other day? 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Cancelled it mate. Had to reign(!) in the spends. Now the HT is taking the hit, reusing the bits.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rode round Grizedale with a nice chap on a large yellow Rallon on Sunday.

Looks like a great bike but I was surprised how heavy it was.

Was on my shortlist, not quite so sure now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Interesting chaka, doug from basque said in his review that they’re not too heavy. Was it dripping in bling?

julians
    Free Member

you can build them heavy or light, tyres could make a huge difference.

I dont think mine is heavy, at a smidge under 30lb with pedals and not much on the way of bling. its 2lb lighter than the carbon ibis mojo hd it replaced.

Medium rallon with bos kirk
    Pike rct3
    Rockshox reverb
    Shimano xt brakes + hope floating rotors (203mm front,`180mm rear)
    renthal carbon fat bar lite (slightly blingy?)
    shimano slx crank with single narrow wide ring
    shimano xt 10 speed cassette with one up 42 tooth expander
    shimano slx rear mecch
    shimano xt shifter
    dt swiss m442 rims on superstar tesla evo hubs
    hans dampf 2.3 tyre on front
    maxxis ardent race 2.2 on rear both tubeless
    superstar delta evo mag ti pedals (my concession to bling)

wrecker
    Free Member

Where did you get it julian?

julians
    Free Member

I bought it as frame only from ubyk last december.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah they’re saying december for the next lot……no good to me.

stuc
    Free Member

Where abouts are you based OP?

Bache Brothers in Lye, Stourbridge, West Midlands are Orbea dealers and may be able to help out. Good bunch of lads in there.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll give them a call, thanks stu.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Heavy? Mine is 29.8lbs with XX1, BOS and Mavic stuff. The very base model is quite heavy, it has cheap stuff on it though. Mine just keeps going!

I’m not UK based but D&D cycles and me talk a bit via Instagram and they seem like top chaps. The new ones are on the way… I’m getting one this week.

teamslug
    Free Member

The Bike Shop in Leeds are Orbea dealers. Just ordered an Occam Tr. seem like a good set of chaps

wrecker
    Free Member

You have a mail doug!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Got it wrecker! just answered. Sorry if it´s a bit jumbled, long day on the bike today.

bruneep

Look in euro zone I got mine from Germany € made it much cheaper than uk.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve a large yellow rallon. Try cycle lane of Glasgow, 4 week wait but they had them at 20% off full bikes.

Julians, how accurate is that weight measurement? My build is almost identical bar the wheels (wtb i23/pro2) and bang on 31lb on salter digi carp scales.

duir
    Free Member

Looks like a great bike but I was surprised how heavy it was.

Did it have proper tyres on it? They (proper tyres) are very popular with Lakes riders and 31-32lbs is pretty normal if you intend to venture out of Whinlatter.

chakaping
    Free Member

Basic model, single ply tyres. Felt like 32lbs-ish.

Maybe cos it looks so sleek I expected it to be more feathery.

I’d probably still get one if there’s a suitable deal when the time comes tbh.

fathomer

Friend has a large one, Bos front n rear, spank wheels, 1×10, carbon bars and a Reverb. I was surprised how light it was for a 160mm bike, not sure on a lb figure though. A dam sight lighter than the Banshee Spitfire I demoed last weekend.

Edit: His was from Bache Brothers as well, he says they’re great to deal with.

duir
    Free Member

Basic model, single ply tyres. Felt like 32lbs-ish

I am suprised at that but I have often found bike weights to be dissappointing. As soon as you fit decent tyres, wheels that will last etc they never seem to go below 31lbs for me. I have been recently suprised just how not light the latest trendy Carbon bikes are as soon as proper Lakes kit is on it.

That said, I ride a Nicolai which a long way from being light but the ride is what counts and by all accounts the Orbea’s are good.

julians
    Free Member

I think my weight is fairly accurate, its been weighed on a variety of different scales and always comes out around that figure give or take 150g or so

scottfitz
    Free Member

D&D cycles are top lads, give them a call.

Home

chiefgrooveguru

Friend has a large one, Bos front n rear, spank wheels, 1×10, carbon bars and a Reverb. I was surprised how light it was for a 160mm bike, not sure on a lb figure though. A dam sight lighter than the Banshee Spitfire I demoed last weekend.

3.15kg for the frame & shock vs 3.5kg for the Spitfire. Even when you go to full carbon frames you struggle to save more than 1kg off the frame – whenever the difference is bigger on the complete bike it’s down to the build kit.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Julian’s weight should be spot on considering the spec.

The basic model will undoubtedly be 2 or 3lbs heavier with 2×10, cheaper wheels and kit.

wrecker
    Free Member

Tried a couple of shops, it doesn’t seem that there are any 2015 frames left. The chap at D&D bikes knew his stuff and was generally very helpful.
    The 2016 X10 looks really nice, but they come with very low spec wheelsets so I’d need to factor in about an additional £400 spend (boost) and it makes the value proposition unattractive. Plus they are 2×11, so new short derailleur would be needed too.

Shame, I liked the look of these.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Any Orbea dealers in?’ is closed to new replies.