Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any Orange 5 owners had their rp23 custom tuned?
  • gazza100

Opinions please

gazza100

anybody?

montylikesbeer

mine came pre tuned with a small "5" logo on the shock, mines an '10 speck

mr-bump
    Free Member

Although not a five i did have mine done on my Alpine by Mojo.
    Completley transformed the bike and im well chuffed.
    Must add that the service from Mojo was great and would recomend them. 😀

BigGerrrrr
    Free Member

Got the Orange 5 AM
    Had the forks and rear shock TF Tuned before a trip to Whistler!!
    Along with up Grading the handle bars Sunline 715mm and 70mm Sunline Stem,
    it made a total difference to the bike as a whole!! Supension and travel a lot more plush and bike absorbed everything i could throw at it!!
    If going to Mojo or TFT then make sure you weigh yourself correctly with what ever bike gear you would normally wear!! This includes filling your bladder or Bottle with Water as this can make a diff to the performance!!

GaryLake
    Free Member

It already comes with a special tune by Mojo, leave well alone?

poisonspider
    Free Member

I had my 2010 RP23 custom tuned into a Cane Creek Double Barrel 😉

jimthesaint

If going to Mojo or TFT then make sure you weigh yourself correctly with what ever bike gear you would normally wear!! This includes filling your bladder or Bottle with Water as this can make a diff to the performance!!

I don't doubt that it does make a difference. But if it made that much of a difference then wouldn't you be able to feel the suspension getting worse after going for a pee?

carbon337
    Free Member

This is probably a good place to show us your settings inc your body weight.

Im running about 225psi on a 2010 model with 200lbs body weight.

Run pro-pedal on 3 on the climbs and flat sections.

Can you share your settings – should i be using PP on flat sections that include the odd rollers?

iainc

running an 08 5 Pro here – as said earlier it came as standard with custom valving. I weigh about 13 stone in riding kit and run 190psi and usepropedal on 3 for fireroads and off all the rest on the time

GaryLake
    Free Member

08 Pro here, 160 psi, 168lbs in body weight. Rarely touch propedal although have it set to one which is practically locked out on '08 tune…

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I had an 08 rp23 on a 5 'pushed'. Made it feel very nice, alot more controlled and supple through the stroke. You lose the full lockout mode though (not that i ever used it), but still have a good level of pedal playform to switch on.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

had mine pushed/serviced by TFTuned last year

didn't really make any change with blowing through the mid-range of its travel, its appears to be more active and gives up more travel than it used to

Bosh
    Free Member

I did look at an orange 5 before I realised how good my current enduro was and decided to keep it.

The main reason for nit getting the 5 at the time was the fact that I weigh just under 300lbs and the shock was not able to be pumped up to a sufficient pressure for this weight. Is there a widget or something mojo can fit to resolve this?

Rickos
    Free Member

What is the special tune as standard then? I bought an '09 RP23 that came off an Orange 5 to use on my Kona, so was just wondering if it's likely to make any particular difference.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have an orange 5 pro…. bought in May last year… im very lightweight 8 stone….. when will my RP23 need tunning ….

LoCo
    Free Member

The tune on the shock is for the bike, with a rider of average weight 12.5 stoneish, unless you are really light 7 stone, heavy 18+ stone or are a very gifted/fast/hardcore rider it should work quite well.

The valveing has changed over the years with manufacturers being able to choose from a greater number of compression and rebound tuning levels, so if the shock is a few years old you may have the option of getting it tweaked a bit more, they should be serviced every 12 months really to keep them tip top.

Have a chat with one of the servicing companies and see what they think, hope this helps

mr-bump
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack the thread but can somebody please tell me what stroke shock the five has fitted to 2010 models?

LoCo
    Free Member

190mm eye to eye with a 2"/50mm stroke bushes 22 M8.

stabilizers

I have had and rp23 on an 04 and now an 09 5 frame. Personally I would not bother. There's no huge adavantage over keeping your suspension well maintained and set up. Anything that comes back from a good service will feel great to what it did before i.e. like it was new.
    If you race then it could make a difference to your time but I dont think it will make the bike or your riding better.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any Orange 5 owners had their rp23 custom tuned?’ is closed to new replies.