Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any one riding a Planet-X XLA?
  • MrPottatoHead

Just wondering if anyone has one yet and how they are finding it? Seems to tick main boxes for me i.e. cheap, hydraulic discs, threaded bb, single ring.

Hoping this doesn’t just turn into another Planet-X bashing thread.

MrPottatoHead

Any one from the weekday/evening crowd?

AD

Possibly not that helpful but anyway…
    I have a PX XLS (bought for the silly cheap deal price of £800 before Christmas) and it has been excellent.
    Definitely go for the Apex hydraulic group if you can. The brakes are great and the gear range seems spot on for on/off road in the lakes. The only weak point is the wheelset which is heavy and frankly poorly built (or at least mine were). The ALS comes with same wheels.
    Not sure how much heavier the Al frame is though (or even if that matters to you) – the carbon frame is actually pretty light.

swampi
    Free Member

I bought the pre production sample for my friend,it rode really well,I really liked it,down side for short legs like me is the sizing, the med has a 56 seat tube and the top tube doesn’t slope much

arewethereyet
    Free Member

I’m interested in this too, to replace an aging PX Uncle John. I can’t see mudguard eyes on the rear though? Can anyone confirm it’ll take them front and rear?

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any one riding a Planet-X XLA?’ is closed to new replies.