Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any one ride Kirroughtree regularly?
  • lucebayjack
    Free Member

Hello all,

As i have just ended up living in close proximity to some fine trails I’m looking to get back on the mtb. I have just bought a lovely On-One Summer season i cant wait to unleash! Anybody out there ride Kirroughtree? Just curious if there are any clubs up this way.

Cheers,

Jack

scraprider
    Free Member

i wish , was up there last year on me hols for 2 weeks , fantastic place ,wish i was still there etc etc , any ways sorry to hijack your thread, i think trester is the guy that lives around there he gave me some good info when i posted on here .

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Trekster is a dumfries man but rides regularly all over the place and is the man in the know for all the trails in the area (and will probably be along shortly). In terms of clubs you are probably best looking at dalbeattie hardrock or the galloway hillbillies they are the 2 closest to you that I know of. Not sure whether the hillbillies are still a club but saw a few club shirts last year so they must be out your way somewhere. Dalbeattie is a road and mtb club no prizes for where they are based!

There are a few other individuals on here that ride Kirroughtree a couple of times a month but dont think they are ‘locals!’

But if you are over in dumfries we will show you around now that you are a local!

simonralli2
    Free Member

You have the Galloway Hillbillies https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90366998194 many of whom are local ish, and quite a few more of us Gallowayians dotted around Dumfries and Dalbeattie 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

Hi Jack, I live in Stranraer and ride the Kirrie trails pretty regulary… the Galloway Hillbilies are a growing concern and they do Tuesday night ride outs (though you have to be pretty fit to keep up with those guys)

I am hoping to hit Kirrie this coming Saturday with a mate if all goes well..(have a home DIY job pending at the moment!) if I can manage to get out Saturday we could meet you down at the trailhead car park, we are gonna be running a fair bit of off piste trails.. should be a blast…

glynP
    Free Member

I think there is a tuesday night ride ride from the shop, The Brake Pad, at Kirri. We were there last saturday, it was a glorious day, it was warm and dry fantastic riding if I lived there I’d ride it every day. Lucky you!

lucebayjack
    Free Member

Davy, I would be well up fort that! I havent even taken delivery of my bike yet so not sure if i will be ready this Sunday. Depends if Allen the post man gets his arse into gear.

e-mail me at jack@nyro.co.uk as i may not be checking here too frequently.

drumcove
    Free Member

Trekster is definitely the man in the know as far as mtbiking in D&G is concerned but looks like you’ve got a few offers anyway! The Hill billies would be your best bet for a local club, don’t know a lot of them but the ones I do know are all really decent, and a pretty good laugh!! There is also the Stewartry Wheelers CC, based in Castle Douglas. Again, they are a pretty decent bunch and have some pretty decent riders!! Steer well clear of the Dalbeattie Hardrock CC, trust me, bunch of jokers, the majority of which don’t even ride a bike regularly!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any one ride Kirroughtree regularly?’ is closed to new replies.