Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any On-One Ti 29er owners?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Interested in hearing more about this model as I’m looking to rebuild a 100mm 29er hardtail.

What are its real competitors in this category?

slimjim78
    Free Member

also wondering if the curent price of £999 has been discounted recently, or if it’s expected to be discounted any time soon?..

Its currently one of O-O highest priced frames, with the Titus 29er at £799 frame only, or £849 with Rev fork and headset (go figure). So, reluctant to part with a bag of sand atm.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Price wise this might be a good alternative – though if you’re not already a member you’d need to job bc or similar to get the price to match.

lynskey on crc

slimjim78
    Free Member

That does look very nice, but I traditionally fall in-between sizes (19″-20″) so their 18.5 or 20.5 sizes would possibly leave me in a bit of a dilemma. It’s also got a 27.2 seat tube, which would leave me needing an expensive upgrade on my current post.

kimbers

if stoner doesnt know. then you are doomed

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s also got a 27.2 seat tube, which would leave me needing an expensive upgrade on my current post.

I’m guessing you’re wanting a dropper then. Daft question but, if you’re going to put a big post in it, why bother with ti (since as everyone is so keen on pointing out with modern steel) the comfort benefit will vanish*, it’s not that light, it is costly and it’s known to break every now and again?

*well, shrink any how.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

(I should point out by the way “because i like ti/it looks nice/just because/yer ma” are all reasonable answers, “because it looks nice”is exactly why i got mine.)

slimjim78
    Free Member

Looks nice
    Lighter than current steel frame
    Have a *reliable* dropper

I think the search for new frame has lead me to searching for the ‘ooh that’s pretty’ factor. On paper the Ti29 has most of the angles I’m looking for, my forks and dropper are perfect, plus I quite like the seat stay/chain stay arrangement.

Faster XC biased geo suits me fine, but when the trail points down I love the extra control a dropper offers.

It’s a valid point thought, my 27.2 Soul was more comfy than my dropper compatible Soul. I probably ended up enjoying the stiffer frame more though.

Yak

Torus mk3 ti29? I would struggle to look past one of these in the same situation. Bigger seat tube too, but also more expensive.
    Travers are lush too…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Torus mk3 ti29

crikey that is nice. I wouldnt need boost spacing per se, but its a nice feature. The BB yoke and post brake mount look sweet.
    1x only FTW 🙂
    What travel fork is it based on?

Stoner
    Free Member

My ti29er is one of the original lynskey ones. I don’t think they’re the same geometry any more so any comments from me would be even more worthless than usual. But I will try and find out.

Yak

Torus is based on 100mm fork.
    Choices!! 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

The Torus is really nice.
    However
    I would wager the chances of On-One dropping the price over their Ti29 by around £200 before Torus are around 50,000,000,000:1 (give or take).

Then the £800 v £1400 decision starts to get a bit clearer..

Still, the Torus is really nice..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any On-One Ti 29er owners?’ is closed to new replies.