Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any off the shelf rigid 29ers around?
  • captaindanger

I’m suggesting one to a friend as a mostly commuting but occasional off-road bike, but can’t find any which aren’t made for the road or single speed. Anyone know of any? Looking at maximum of £700ish. Thanks!

ElShalimo

Pinnacle Ramin 1
    Isla Bikes
    Ridgeback

riddoch

There was a cannodale trail that got a very good review in this very magazine, only singlespeed at that price though. The geared model wasn’t that much more expensive.

core

Kona unit

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you’re over 6′ 1″ this would be ideal http://www.moosecycles.com/m3b164s365p1618/GENESIS_Fortitude_Race_Bike_Burnt_Red_and_Orange/RS_GB/5523?gclid=CMmagpa37rwCFU3HtAodQzIADw
    I’ve got the 19″ and I’m 5’11”

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if it’s just for the road then don’t CRC do one under some brand or other (Vitus?) for £300?

I bought my nearly new El Mariachi for less than that, but you’d have to get lucky on ebay.

stayhigh

The Pinnacle Ramin looks a great set up and a steal at £400 for complete bike.

daveh
    Free Member

Ramin 1 rides very nicely (trail oriented), and the frame is good enough to stand component upgrades in time. Back up to £500 from £400 in the Christmas sale though so haggle hard!

Stoner
    Free Member

What This is a spoon said.

If I were in the market for an off the shelf commuter, Id seriously look at
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-vee-27-city-bike-2014/rp-prod81001

Personally Id have the SS, but that wont suit a lot of people, so its great they do a decent value 27 geared one too.

captaindanger

that Ramin looks like just the ticket. It’s for a friend and his only bike otherwise I’d also recommend SS. For some reason the majority off rigid 29ers are single speed, clearly going for the niche market there

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any off the shelf rigid 29ers around?’ is closed to new replies.